"quite the night, wasn't it?" cedric says as he walks with me back down towards the dungeons. i've taken off my heels, my feet rather sore from wearing them the past four hours, and cedric insisted he carry them for me. i stopped protesting after his fifth ask.

"you could say that" i smile at him, laughing under my breath

"i'm glad we ended up coming together" he stops short after i do (as he didn't know exactly where the slytherin entrance was), backing up slightly to stand next to me, "is this your stop?"

i nod, "i'm glad we've come together as well" i smile, looking down as i hear laughter at the end of the hall. pansy and goyle come stumbling around the corner, must've drank something on the way out. i chuckle a little under my breath as they walk closer

"sorry to interrupt" pansy giggles, grabbing goyle (who mutters the password), and pushing him into the common room, "we'll leave you two alone" she draws out the last word, smiling and ducking in after goyle as the stones fold shut behind her

cedric laughs, "they're fun" i look back at him, seeing him smiling widely

"lot to take in sometimes" i laugh, "glad you can handle it" cedric smirks, looking down at his feet as he does

after a few seconds, he looks back up, "you know... you don't have to tell me exactly what draco said... if you don't want to" he puts his free hand in his pocket, eyeing me nervously

"well, i s'pose i'll see how this week goes with him" i sigh, "it may change how i relay the story"

cedric chuckles a little, "isn't that the fun of malfoy?" he purses his lips, "never really quite know how he'll act"

"yeah...." i trail off, clearing my throat and taking a deep breath

"sorry" cedric shakes his head, "i know you... like him" he says with a hint of disgust, "but i can't pretend that i do"

"i don't expect you to"

"good" he nods, "good" we both look down the hall, hearing voices again, but they continue walking past. he looks back at me, "i should head back to the common room" he gives a small smile, "it's a bit of a walk"

"sure" i nod, "thank you, for bringing me down here"

"of course" he smiles wider, "thank you for accompanying me to the ball"

"it was my pleasure, really" i smile back. he smirks a little, looking back down the hall before stepping in closer

"don't forget your shoes" he leans down, saying it softly by my ear as he drops the back of my heels into my hands. i catch them easily, bringing my gaze up to his face. still smiling, he leans in closer, kissing my cheek lightly before straightening back up.

"have a nice night" he smiles, nodding to me as he turns away, disappearing down the hall.

__________________________

"you look wretched" daphne laughs as she walks into breakfast, "no offense, of course" she takes her seat next to me, looking around the table as pansy follows close behind her, taking the seat on my other side

"didn't see you all last night" pansy wiggles her eyebrows, "what were you and diggory up to?"

"it's not diggory i have to worry about" i sigh, putting my head down in my hands. after cedric left me last night, i wandered the castle for ages, trying to get my head straight about draco. by the time i came back to the dorm, pansy and daphne were already sound asleep.

"oh no" pansy sighs

"tell us what happened" daphne groans, leaning her chin against her hand, facing her head towards me

i rub my temples, shake my head, and sit back up, "draco happened"

"that's never good" pansy rolls her eyes, starting to gather food onto her plate

"he brought me up to the astronomy tower, during the dance" i look between them, "said he wanted to talk"

"that's even worse" pansy says worriedly, putting down her spoonful of eggs and looking at me

"he kissed me" i let out, "and i let him" i shake my head, "i was there with cedric and i let draco kiss me"

"you can't blame yourself, y/n" pansy starts

"well i'm glad he finally got on with it" daphne intervenes, but her voice doesn't sound glad, "but i'm afraid i have to bear more bad news"

"what do you mean?" i look at her, and then at pansy, whose face falls, telling me she already knows the news daphne speaks of, "what is it?"

"i came back to the common room late last night" daphne says, looking at me nervously, "details aren't important right now" she skims past it.. but she doesn't have to say it, i know she must've been with blaise, "and i happened upon some.. people.. snogging on the couch"

"that's dreadfully awkward but i don't see how that involves bad news for me" i feel pansy's hand on my back. i can anticipate daphne's words before she says them, but i don't want them to be true.

"it was draco, y/n" she swallows, "draco and flora"

__________________________

sorry to leave you with a cliffhanger again lol but this chapter was already getting long

vote/comment/share !

p.s. thank you for 37k reads!! <4