"Well then I'm sorry for whatever I've done," Amelia said as she struggled to her feet. Another wave of pain washed over her, but she did not waver. She remained on her feet and grit her teeth when Esther cast another spell on her.

"You have no idea what you've done wrong, do you?" Esther asked menacingly.

"Not really," Amelia replied. She pushed her red hair out of her face, barely able to see her hand a few inches in front of her. The darkness was heavy, and it was slowly suffocating her.

"All the people you've killed," Esther says. "All the families who have suffered because of you, including mine."

"How did I make your family suffer?" Amelia shot back.

"You ripped Niklaus' heart apart. All of my children grieved heavily over your death, and when you came back you chose not to find them," Esther said bitterly.

"I'm sorry that your husband convinced me that they no longer wanted me. I've been made aware that that was a foolish mistake, and if I could take it back, I would. Life was hell when I was first turned. When Mikael tortured me, I only wanted to curl up in Nik's arms and cry. As he stabbed me over and over I wanted to rip my own heart out. I eventually did, but even that didn't end my suffering. I came back, only to face the same torture again," Amelia cried. Esther froze when she said this, but it was only momentarily. She quickly recovered, and the pain that she was inflicting on Amelia increased tenfold.

"If you think sharing your sob story will make me forgive you, then you're mistaken," Esther sneered. "You're pain is nothing compared to the pain you've inflicted."

"I'm sorry for all of it, okay?" Amelia asked. "I'm sorry that I've hurt people, but sometimes it was necessary to survive Esther. You don't understand."

"I understand it perfectly fine," Esther replied. She twisted her hand and Amelia's legs snapped, toppling her to the ground as Esther approached her. She grabbed Amelia's read hair and pulled her head back so that she was looking her in the eyes. "Listen here you stupid wrench. You will never be free from here. Even now as my son's witch frees you from your cage, your mind is too far gone. You'll never see your precious Niklaus again."

***

Klaus watched as the golden shell faltered and then came down from around Amelia. In an instant he was there by her side. Elijah and Hayley had left to take care of the Mikael situation, but Klaus hadn't acknowledged him when they asked him to come with them.

"I fear it's too late," Genevieve says. Klaus looks up at her, his eyes blank.

"For your sake, I hope it's not." He vamp speeds her up to his room and gently lays her down. Genevieve comes in shortly after.

"I may have a way to save her mind," she says.

"How?"

"The magic that did this to her, came from her necklace. If I can break the curse on her necklace, it will hopefully bring her back."

"Then get started," Klaus said. He moved out of her way and Genevieve went over to the redhead on the bed. She stood over and removed her necklace, before starting to chant, trying desperately to bring the Heretic back, if only to save her own life.