"How the hell did you get my necklace. Only Nik and his moth..." Amelia stopped as she put pieces together. Her sister had almost said a name, Esther. "You're his mother."

"Ah, there you go my darling," Esther says as her silhouette appears from the darkness. Her blonde hair is a mess and there are dark bags under her eyes. Her eyes sparkle with pure hatred towards Amelia.

"What the hell is this Esther? You always said that you liked me. That you saw me as a daughter," Amelia cried as the woman came closer to her.

"I did, didn't I. But then you turned into a monster. I watched as Amelia, the innocent redheaded witch, turned into Amelia the savage monster. You don't deserve to walk this Earth," Esther spat.

Amelia looked at her in betrayal. She was about to speak until Esther waved her hand, and a wave of agonizing pain washed over her. She dropped to her knees and screamed as the scratches on her body caught fire.

It was all Klaus could do to stay sane as he watched Amelia writhe in pain, within the golden shell. Hayley had woken up with horrible news that she had seen Mikael, and now Genevieve was working on the energy surrounding Amelia.

***

As the hours ticked by, more and more scratches appeared on Amelia.

"We're losing her," Genevieve said after awhile of silence.

"How is that possible? She's an Original," Hayley reminded the witch.

"I don't know. All I know is that her body is growing weaker. If I can't break through this energy soon, her mind is going to stay trapped forever," Genevieve responded.

"Well then work faster, otherwise I'll tear your head off of your shoulders," Elijah threatened. Ameliana was practically his younger sister, and he couldn't bare seeing her in this amount of pain.

"How did she come out of it the first time?" Hayley asks.

"I don't know," Klaus responded. It was the first words he had said in four hours. All he had been doing was watching the love of his life wrestle around in pain while he was incapable of doing anything.

"You mean she's done this before?" Elijah asks.

"Yes. When you and Rebekah were off saving werewolves in the Bayou, Amelia was in this same state. She just didn't have a golden energy shell around her, but she was unconscious and in pain just like this," Klaus said miserably.

"Niklaus, if she was okay the first time, she will be okay now," Elijah told his brother, but he was also trying to reassure himself.

"I hope so," the hybrid said, before going silent again as he watched Genevieve continue to try and free Amelia.

***

"What do you want?" Amelia asked when she was allowed a brief relief from the pain. She lay panting on the black ground, completely surrounded in a shroud of darkness.

"What do I want?" Esther hissed. "Must you really ask that question? I want you to repent for your sins. You must learn that as you are now, you will never be able to walk the Earth again. But if you ask for forgiveness, I will let you free."