Episode XXXIII (Rise Of Skywalker)My Permission

Start from the beginning

***********

My ship jumped into hyperspace as soon as it got into space its self, I sighed leaning back in the pilot's seat. Like I said, today's not really a joyful day.

I just want to get this done and over with like every year. You know what, why do I even go? It's not like it really matters to the universe if I do.....

The ship leaped out of hyperspace arriving in Toylernor's atmosphere then landed gracefully near the forest. I took a deep breath. Why does it feel like this time is different? I've been doing this for years so why now does it make me feel odd?
Before leaving the ship, I fixed my robes and hair so my scars wouldn't be seen so easily and so I wouldn't get soaked by the rain, because it could clearly be heard on the roof of my ship, and left my lightsaber behind. There's really no need so why bring it?
I exited, going over into the trees and traveling through with a swiftness, since I already know where I'm going I don't have to go slow. The farther I went in the darker it became, giving a slight eirey effect. Besides the rain, silence filled the air. Most would think my footsteps would make some sound but I learned how to keep them silent. A small house soon came into view, moss covering the base. I walked up to the door and opened it with the force as I do every year.
I went in hesitantly for it was very cold and dark inside. Trying to feel my way around, I eventually found a light and turned it on. The now illuminated house was more welcoming.
I discarded of my black robe and put on the shorter brown one that was on a chair. I brought my arm up to my nose and sniffed the sleeve letting the comforting smell of Cinnamon and Embers fill my lungs. I then went into the small bedroom and lifted the mattress to find a silver and black hilt, it was a little damaged but still worked, so I picked it up and connected it to my belt. On my way out of the room, I accidentally bumped into the dresser and something small fell. I turned around looking to see what dropped. It was a disk and it projected a photograph. I then bent down to pick it up and look closer.
Four people were in the photo.
A smiling man who had his arm around a woman as well as holding a child in his other arm. The woman was kissing the man's cheek and holding another smaller child in her arms.
My father, my mother, Eyra, and myself.
I don't remember being in this picture.
I looked so tiny too and so did Eyra and we all were happy. I gazed at it, longing and sorrow swelling in my heart.

I could've had a perfect family...
I could've had a sister to laugh with and grow up with...
I could've had a caring Mother to help me do my hair and listen to me when I cry...
There's so much I could've- would've had, but it was taken from me...
Sure, I've already avenged them, my Grandfather is dead at my hands.
But that doesn't bring them back...
And it never will.

Quickly, I turned it off and pocketed it.
My head whipped to look to the front door upon hearing a suspicious sound outside.
I ran out the door and in a moment I took the lightsaber off my belt and ignited it letting the red blade glow. I looked around for the source of the noise only to find that it was a small fox in the bushes. She was beautiful, her orange and white fur as fluffy as can be and her pitch black eyes stared up at me, possibly in surprise and fear. When I crouched down (turning off the lightsaber of course)and held my hand out letting her know it was safe, she hesitated but came out then sniffed and licked my hand. But she heard something in the trees and left. I chuckled softly and stood up straight moving my feet along the small path and leaving the house behind me.
The rain started to pour heavier than before and soaked my clothes in a matter of seconds but I don't mind, I like the rain more than any other weather condition, and Daddy always said that if I stayed out in the rain for too long I would catch a cold. I have only caught a few colds though. I wonder why? Maybe because I spent the first five years of my life playing in the snow every day? Or maybe because naturally my skin is always chilly? Either way, I just rarely get sick from low temperatures. I guess the cold has never bothered me.