Episode XXVII (Rise of Skywalker)Walk Away

Start from the beginning

****~**~****

"Captain Phasma." I started and bowed to the Silver Trooper. She bowed back. "Squadron 246 did wonderful today.... All of them shot their targets in the middle."
"Great work, Commander, I will take the Squadrons tomorrow to see how the rest are doing." Phasma replied.

I grinned and set off to my own Quarters and to see if I could find BB-7A along the way.
Well, finding 7A didn't take long. She rolled up in front of me and started beeping so fast that I could barely even understand her!
Something about 6C-SN and-

"Woah, Woah, Slow down!" I said stopping in my tracks and crouching down to her level. "What happened?........ WHAT?!..... I swear if they don't leave you alone I will hurt those little droids, believe me!...... Stormtroopers too?!.... Why shouldn't I do anything?! They hurt you!..... I did that with Ben, and look where it got me!" I moved my hair to show her the small scar on the side of my right eye. "...... Fine. I'll let it pass today. But if this happens again then they'll have to answer to me." I got up and paced down the hallway with her following at my heals.

They really need to stop this. 7A is really the only friend I have besides Kaitlin but she's always busy and we rarely talk as friends, not business partners. I don't want anything happening to her. I don't want anything to happen to either of them. Not that I'm only worried because I need someone to confide in but they are the closest things I have to a family. Yes, they do try to help but they don't really get it.
I wish I had someone to talk to who would understand better-
I thought before I was cut off.

"I know how you feel." I heard behind me. I recognize that voice. That sweet and soft voice that I hate.

"You don't know me." I spat, turning around to face Rey. She looked a little more put together now; her three buns tied perfectly at the back of her head, her robes now a creamy white instead of black and gray.
"You're right I don't know you entirely...." said the Scavenger Girl. "But I know what you are feeling."

I rolled my eyes. "And what do I feel that you understand? What makes you think you are equivalent to me, Rey from Nowhere?"

Rey sighed. "You feel like you have no one. That no one loves you. Even though you are surrounded by people who care you still feel... Alone, and abandoned. I've felt that way all my life. My parents left me when I was young and your father did what's best for you by letting you stay at the Academy. We were both left behind. That's how I know."
I huffed a laugh. She really thinks she can get to me, doesn't she?
"Yeah, your parents are never coming back and my dad should have just taken me back to my Grandfather if he didn't want to deal with me." I hissed. "He didn't do what was best for me. He did what was best for him. If my father hadn't left me at Skywalker's Academy then I wouldn't have gone through all of the years of abuse from Ben. And look... That boy grew into the man who became my enemy. You don't even know half of the pain and suffering I've gone through."

Rey took a step closer to me and I took a step back. Despite what sort of connection she may have with Ren, I don't trust her, and I most likely never will.
"Eclypse, you say I don't know but I do. My parents were nobodies and sold me just to get more drinking money. I spent years waiting for them to come back, hoping that somewhere out in the Galaxy they would be looking for their daughter. Turns out I was wrong. They're never coming back for me. Why should they? My whole life I've wanted someone to show me my place in the story, when really, I don't have one. You know what Kylo said to me after you passed out when he killed Snoke? He said 'You have no place in this story. You come from nothing. You are nothing.' Now I'm really starting to believe him. But when he asked me to join him I didn't know what to do. I ran. But running from the truth will-"

"Will never solve anything." I finished, sighing and turning my head away from her.

"So you see? I do know you and how you're feeling. You just have a hard time accepting it."

At that I glared at Rey. "No. You don't. And I'm tired of everyone claiming that they know me!" I dictated, pointing my finger at Rey. "No one knows me and no one ever will."

I walked past her without saying another word.

**********

The elevator door to the red dome room opened wide, revealing exactly who I was looking for, alone as he sat on his throne. I walked quickly up to the throne with my hands closed tightly behind my back, my eyes narrowed.
Kylo smirked.
"Commander Nova-"

But I cut him off. That's not what I came for. I came for answers. "You asked her to join you?!" I shouted.
Ren stood abruptly and glared at me. "Who told you about what I said to the Scavenger?" He asked, attempting to be calm as his jaw clenched.

"Why the f*ck does it matter?! That fact is that you didn't tell me anything! And obviously you thought I wouldn't find out!" I folded my arms and looked away.

"Well, do you want me to tell you everything so you have the satisfaction of knowing my personal affairs?" Kylo huffed, holding the bridge of his nose with his gloved hand.
"Yes, I would like that very much." I said and started tapping my boot in anticipation. If I wasn't tapping my foot then it would have been so silent and tense that I could've heard a pin drop.
"I told her that she was nothing and that she has no place in anything. But that if she joined us then she would." He explained.

I laughed mockingly. "Oh, so there's an 'Us' now?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Don't change the subject, Eclypse." Ren hissed and walked closer to tower over me. "You and I both agree that she doesn't belong anywhere. I only offered to 'train' her. Show her what she can do with her power." Like many times before he was trying to intimidate me, and he should know by now that it will never work. No matter how many times he's touched my body.
That feeling from when I saw him and Rey touching hands returned, making my blood boil and my heart clench. Especially seeing the way he looked at her so full of longing... It made me sick.
"Of course you did. I've seen the way you look at her. The way you two act together. It's clear you have some sort of thing in the Force. Why don't you go be with her? You are such a prick. I wish I had never slept with you. Not only once, but twice." I sneered then turned around to leave.
Ren grabbed me by the arm and pulled me back to him. "Don't walk away when I'm talking to you." He warned.

"I already have, Supreme Leader." I replied spitting his title out like venom then pulled my arm from his grasp.