01

Friendships are weird, when you think about it. You meet a person, decide that you like them, and keep them around for as long as you want.

They're like things you buy at the store, but not exactly.

But back to friendships. There's multiple ways that they can pan out.

You can both stick with each other and be buds for life. Sometimes, the both of you stop talking, and it just fades.

But, there's also that one ridiculously common and cliche friendship that I'm pretty sure everyone is familiar with.

The friendship where one you falls for the other. It's the type of friendship that's usually portrayed in TV shows, movies, books, blah blah blah.

It's pretty stupid, if you ask me. The weird thing is, that's exactly how things are with me and Charlie. I think you can guess which one of us likes the other.

I like her, of course.

It's funny, right?

Now, believe me, I never thought I'd end up falling for my best friend. I thought I'd pick up a hot chick, she'd pick up an okay looking dude, and we'd live next door to each other when we're married.

Again, another ridiculously cliche thing I'm guilty of thinking about. Oops.

But things all changed that seemingly normal day during junior year, when she came over to my house, arms filled with bags of food and her backpack filled with video games and movies.

It was when she fell asleep against my chest that I realized that maybe I didn't feel the way I always thought I did.

Something was different.

I began noticing things, like the way she'd blush and stare at the ground whenever someone compliments her looks, or the way she pouts when she's upset, and that sad but beautiful smile she's have when something happened.

All these small details were suddenly amplified.

Every time someone would hit on her, I'd have the urge to punch that guy in the face. Honestly, the pick up lines they use. I have way better ones, if you ask me. For example: I'm no photographer, but I can picture us together.

Or this one: Kiss me if I'm wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?

Those two are a lot better than stupid ones, like, "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

Shut up.