“You even held back at first, do you not think she’s worthy of fighting you or something?!” Jirou.

But he’s fine, he doesn’t need any friends. Friends only disappoint-

“You guys are wrong!” Kaminari speaks up.

“Yeah! What he did was totally manly!” Kirishima argues.

“You guys are just stupid if you didn’t see it!” Sero continues.

“Hah?!” Bakugou growls.

I DON’T NEED FRIENDS.

Why are they helping me?

“If you were watching him closely, you would have seen that for a second or two after the second explosion, he looked a bit guilty seeing her bleeding,” Mina butts in.

“Then after that, he told her to fight back. He didn’t want her to get hurt and he saw that she’s smarter than she looks, but she needed more experience, so he was trying to get her to protect herself even if it meant he would be seen differently,” Kirishima continues.

“The next time she attacked him, he sent a smaller explosion to her side. He could have ended the fight with a strong explosion, but that wouldn’t have helped Yaomomo to improve! He was trying to motivate her to try harder,” Sero says.

“Then he said that he knew she could do better than that, he believed in her, but didn’t want to seem nice for some reason,” Kaminari continues.

“Once she used her smarts to try and defeat him, he used his full powered explosion because he felt that she fought to the best of her abilities, so it would only be fair to do that, himself,” Mina says.

“And when he did send the full powered explosion at her he looked kinda guilty, like he knew you guys wouldn’t see him the same way,” Kirishima says sadly.

“Bakugou isn’t as bad as you think he is!” Mina yells.

I wish I could believe that...

Bakugou “tch”s, “you idiots must be blind to think that,” he mumbles, “because that’s not what happened.” he turns away, heading towards the infirmary, when he feels his world begin to turn dark. His legs give out under him, causing him to fall. The only thing he sees before he lands is the redheaded sunshine lunging to catch him before he blacks out.

~~~~~~~Kirishima~~~~~~~

You know Bakugou is lying when he says that, but you can’t bring yourself to call out to him as he walks away. Why does he want to be perceived as some sort of villain?! you wonder.

You turn to him just in time to see him tipping over, most likely passing out from blood loss. You rush over before he can hit the floor and catch him. You sigh in relief, glad he didn’t face plant. All Might rushes over and assesses the damage.

“It looks like that concrete that was stabbed his leg was deeper than it seemed… but how did young Bakugou know that it was still safe to pull it out and that he should have been able to get to the infirmary in time?” All Might wonders.

“He’s been in a lot of nasty fights,” you explain, gesturing to the scars covering Bakugou’s chest and torso, “maybe he knows those things now because of that?” 

“That seems legit,” All Might says before picking up Bakugou bridal style, “I will take him to the infirmary now,” he announces. 

“Can we come with you?” you ask, the rest of the squad gathered behind you.

“Sure,” All Might agrees.

You wonder about Bakugou on the walk to the infirmary, trying to figure out how he became the person he is today.

When you get there, All Might gently lays bakugou on the bed before telling recovery girl what happened and leaving. Recovery girl walks up to Bakugou and strips off his pants so she can see the wound. Mina starts squealing loudly at seeing Bakugou’s underwear. You are surprised to see that he’s wearing underwear with tiny cute all mights on it. 

“If you are going to be loud, I suggest you leave,” recovery girl says. 

“Yeah, we should probably head to class anyway,” Sero says.

“I’ll stay here,” you say, “to keep Bakubro company.”

“Alright, see ya later, bro!” Kaminari says.

You sit in a chair beside the hospital bed and watch recovery girl work. First, she takes any remaining bits of concrete out, then she disinfects it, then, finally, she plants a kiss on the wound. You watch as the wound begins to heal, closing over fully in just seconds. 

“He should be fine now,” she informs, “but he’ll be out for a few more hours.”

“Alright, thank you, recovery girl!” you say.

Recovery girl leaves to do recovery girl stuff, leaving you with Bakugou. You smile gently as you watch him sleep (you freaking CREEP Kirishima) 

Bakugou shifts a bit in his sleep. His eyebrows scrunch together, making him look scared. He mumbles something in his sleep.

“Hm?” you wonder. Wanting to know more, you lean closer to him. 

“Don’t… DON”T LEAVE ME AGAIN!” he screams in his sleep. 

You try to think of something to do, panicking. “I-I won’t leave…” you mutter. You hesitate before putting your hand on his head and gently stroking his hair, “it’s okay, I’m here,” you know you’re not the one he wants, but you still hope you can calm him like this. You continue stroking his hair, causing him to calm down a bit.

Did he lose someone? You wonder before laying your head on the edge of the hospital bed and falling asleep.