one hundred & twenty | chance

Start from the beginning

"I know... I know." Jisoo softly spoke.

"Can you please give me one more chance, can you give us another chance?"

Yes, that was exactly what he wanted out of this. He wanted her, he wanted her back.

"Taehyung... I'm sorry" it took a lot of energy for Jisoo to say that.

"But why?" Taehyung knew it was a long shot, but he didn't expect this.

"I can't..." Jisoo refuses to look at him, she's afraid that once she looks at him, she'll back out from her decision.

Just in that moment, a memory passes through his mind, a slight rage of anger consume him.

"Ahh. I almost forgot, your boyfriend Eunwoo right?" Taehyung asked with a hint of annoyance in it.

Jisoo finally looks up, her face reflecting the confusion from his question.

Before Jisoo could explain herself, Taehyung continued to speak, stopping her.

"Months ago you told me you loved me, now you're out here kissing and dating him? Was that really love then Chu, huh? Did you really love me if you moved on that fast?!" A tone of betrayal and pain was evident in his voice.

Jisoo couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"I can't believe this is coming from you right now." Started in disbelief.

"Eunwoo is JUST a friend, I never saw him beyond that NOR did we ever kiss! I don't know what's gotten into you to be spewing  nonsen—"

"Then, why! Why Jisoo? Tzuyu already told you everything, I'm here, you're here. Why can't we be together?!" Taehyung cut her off once again, Jisoo saw the despair in his eyes.

A threatening smile forms on Jisoo's face. "Do you really think it's that easy?"

"Sure. I get it, you were left with no choice. Trust me, I understand now."

"I would have done the same if it meant saving someones life. But Taehyung you could've told me! We could have helped Tzuyu together and gave her the help she needed earlier!"

"My father is a fcking psychiatrist for crying out loud! We could have figured something out, together."

"Before all these love drama started between us, I'm your best friend. You were stuck and needed to be saved from this situation and I should've been the FIRST person you went to. I would've understood if you had told me everything from the start Taehyung."

"But now, you can't expect that, the hell you put me through these past few months will just be forgotten."

"I know you went through your own version of hell as well, I can't imagine how you must've felt these past months."

"But Taehyung for ten years... I loved you and only you. Then for four years, I watched the person I loved the most be with someone else."

"Do you even understand what it's like constantly being the second option? Do you know what it feels like to never be enough? Enough for the person you love to choose you?"

Jisoo lets go, lets go of the suffering, pain, and loneliness she's felt all these years, especially from the recent months.

Her cry came out like a silent scream from within.

"Ho- how can you expect me to believe that one day this won't happen again, that when you're faced to make another decision, you won't choose her, again."

"Jisoo because— because I love you! I don't care how many times I have to prove my feelings for you, but if you need me to say it a billion times I will." Taehyung took several steps closer towards Jisoo, who took several steps back.