Chapter 2

I stopped right in the middle of my sentence. My heart stopped for a second. I swallowed hard and clenched my hand in a fist.

"Everything ok?" Anna asked.
"It's... It's him." "What are you talking about, Steph. It's who?"
"Look," I said pointing ahead of me, "him."

Standing in front of me was Adnan. I held back all my joy and restrained myself from screaming. He looked so perfect. He wore a red hat, which covered his perfect hair. He was dress in jeans and a Nike track suit, just something casual. He looked kind of nervous. He was playing around with a pen in his hand and kept staring at the floor. It was kind of cute. I guess I had been staring for quite some time because he looked up at me. Embarrassed, I sat down, near the front, with my friends.

"What was that all about?" they asked.
"Be quiet!" I snapped.
"What?!" Michelle shouted.
"It's about to start," I said, gazing into his eyes.
"Get out of here, you're actually interested in this speaking junk?"

I ignored her, if it was Adnan speaking, then it must be good.

"Alright students, settle down," Ms. Evans said, "Today we have a very special guest who will be speaking to you. We have been working towards this for quite some time and I'm very glad that you will get to experience this. I am very pleased to welcome... Adnan Januzaj!

She gestured him to go talk, but to me, it looked like he didn't want to. He was shy. I knew I had to make him feel welcome. He travelled all this way, so he must have been feeling a bit uncomfortable. I decided to clap for him. My friends looked over to me, and then decided to clap along. Soon, everyone was clapping and giving him a warm welcome.

It helped a bit, but he still didn't look 100% comfortable. Everyone must be like that. I knew that I hated doing presentations, but at least I knew who I was talking to. He didn't know any of us.

"Go on, Adnan, Be yourself," I whispered.

He looked at me, gave me a small smile, and then began speaking.