✫headcanons

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

[ will be updated from time to time ]

+ morally ambiguous in nature. there's no such thing as absolutes in his life. bruno relies on the lack of consistency the world throws at him and counters it with as much finesse and strength he has to offer.

+ he's as much of a spectator as he is a participant on the dictated madness that goes around in the mafia. he watches everything unfold in front of him with quiet anticipation, ready to spring into action if needed, and once he's thrown in the ring, he'd make sure to finish the job without wasting seconds.

+ for someone whose actions rely on the sole purpose of finishing his job quickly and efficiently, bruno is a wild card. feral and uncaring of what people outside his immediate circle thinks of him. he's as much of an oddball as one would expect from someone who's grown up in the mafia.

+ he's become a substitute son for most of the old ladies in naples. he doesn't mind. if all it takes are a few good polite responses to them, a greeting every time they see each other, and an occasional favor that runs along the lines of helping in the house and or possibly killing another man, then he'll gladly take it.

+ he has unresolved feelings towards the sea. there's a bit of fear in there and a fondness he can never shake. he can't decipher which is stronger. on the one hand, he longs for the feeling of freedom. he's spent his childhood living near the sea. it's what gave him nostalgia. it's what made him. on the other hand, the sea is what left him helpless to help his father. it wasn't her fault, the sea. but he can't help but associate these emotions whenever being near large bodies of water.

+ it's unspoken, but there's a reason bruno had always been one of polpo's favorites. for one, he's excellent in his work and gets it done. he's got street smarts and great instinct. the other reason, bruno doesn't talk about. there's no such thing as ethics when this comes into play. the mafia is strict with its moral code of sticking with the familia, but it's not entirely clear with its values around what you do with your subordinates be it using them for gains or sexually taking advantage of them. as a child, bruno did what he can to subject himself to polpo's whims. up until the day giorno managed to kill the capo, bruno had done everything he can to serve not only the latter but some others too.