Temptation in Italy (an extra): pt. 1

Start from the beginning

Harry's family home was up in the hills outside Lucca, a narrow one-way road winding past houses and an abandoned old church. The house itself was white with multi-colored stone, tall and slim-shaped trees outside next to a small fountain that had a table next to it where they ate dinner most nights. Inside, the house was two stories plus a basement, five bedrooms to properly house Harry's extended family during the holidays, and two small living rooms overstuffed with books and comfortable couches for mid-afternoon naps. Outside, there was a pool that overlooked the rolling green hills, and a bathhouse with an extra bedroom. All in all, it was heaven and Nora never wanted to leave.

Harry hummed along to some Italian Top 40s song while he scrambled some eggs and toasted two pieces of toast and Nora put together some fruit to go along with it, grabbing some fresh peaches from the bowl. Harry's neighbor had a peach tree in their front yard and had brought by some the previous day and they were delicious. She managed to get the coffee machine working after bugging Harry for reminders on which button did what, and poured two cups for them, setting one next to the stove for Harry as he finished up cooking.

They ate outside on the patio, a pair of sunglasses balanced on Harry's curls as they basked in the morning sunshine. "It's so quiet," he said to her after setting down his fork, a finished plate in front of him. "Like our friends, but it's nice to be just us for a bit."

"Mhm," she hummed, scooting closer to him on the bench at the table so he could place his arm around her shoulders. "Now I can love on you any time I want."

"Oh?" Harry ducked down and looked at her, a coy smile on his face. "And you couldn't before? I seem to remember plenty of loving—"

"Shut up," she said, swatting at his chest, and he chuckled. "They just always made fun of me, or you. Now no one is going to be whining about us making out in the pool."

Harry kissed her temple, and then lifted his coffee cup to his lips. "Right about that, love." She picked up her abandoned peach and took a bite, the juices dribbling down her chin. "What do you want to do today? Swim or go into town?"

Nora considered the options, before deciding on town. "Can we rent bikes again? And I want a gelato."

"Sure, baby. Want to go get changed and I'll wash up?" She nodded, pressing a kiss to his lips chastely before scampering into the house. She took a quick shower, wanting to start the day fresh, and put some sunscreen on her skin which had grown darker from the sun over the past few weeks. Harry came into their room as she was fumbling through their clothes, trying to find a pair of specific pair of shorts.

"Have you seen my denim shorts?" She asked him, not even looking up. "The ones with the longer fringe at the back?"

She felt his hands on her hips, his chin coming to rest on her shoulder. "No, not since you wore them last. Gotta be here somewhere—you didn't put them in the wash, did you?"

His longer hair tickled at her cheek and she smiled at the feeling. "I didn't. Fuck—I'll find them. Go get ready, you menace."

With a squeeze to her hips, he moved away to the bathroom so he could wash his face and brush his teeth. Nora found her shorts at the back of the drawer, and pulled that and a white tank top on, keeping her clothes simple and light so she didn't sweat through them immediately. Harry ended up in a white t-shirt and grey trousers, a hair clip attached to the waist for his longer locks, a handkerchief tied around his neck that she tugged on to bring his lips to hers.

He fiddled with her hand on the center console as he drove into town, the radio on low volume filling the silence in the car, windows open as they passed houses on the hill. She watched the sights go by, wondering how such a beautiful place could exist. They parked the car right outside the old city walls and walked the distance to the bike shop where they had rented them before.