Chapter Sixteen

Začít od začátku

"I don't know," Jack said and turned to Lilith, "I was back in the collective unconscious and professor Clarke said that these to hides are killing me." I grabbed my phone and sat back down beside Randall. He put his arm around me, motioning me to rest my head on his shoulder. "Did he say transforming was a bad idea?" I asked. There was a long pause, Hamish and Lilith looked at Randall and I. "No," Jack said and broke the silence. 

"So give it a shot," I said. "Do it," Hamish dared, followed by the rest of us. Jack closed his eyes, but within seconds the boy fell to the floor. 

"I guess transforming was a bad idea," I said. 

~~~~

The four of us crowded around Jack, he moved his head to the side. "See?" Hamish said, "Told you." I stood up from the ground, offering a hand to Jack. "Well, he's not dead," Randall said, "and no transformation." 

"Too bad," Lilith said, "A two-headed werewolf would have been sick." Jack took my hand and I helped him up from the ground. "I gotta figure out a way to ditch one of these hides," Jack insisted, groaning in pain. "Easy," Lilith said and pulled out her knife. "Without killing him," I said, pointing to my friend. Lilith rolled her eyes and slipped the weapon back into her pocket. "Well if you want to be finicky about it," Lilith said, looking at me then Jack. "We'll figure something out," Hamish said and rested a hand on Jack's shoulder, "In the meantime.....we hunt."

~~~~

I met Hamish and Randall at the front of the tourists house. The two of them led me to one of the doors. Randall looked at me and ushered towards the door. "What?" I asked. "Break the doorknob," Hamish said. My eyes widened and I crossed my arms. "Are you serious?" I countered, "I am not going to break into someone's house!"

"Do you want more headaches?" Randall asked. I looked down at the ground and kicked a rock. 

"No....."

"Then do it!" they yelled. "Okay! Fine!" I replied and grasped the door knob. With just a tight squeeze I crushed the knob, the door slowly opened up. The three of us walked into the house. Hamish stepped through the doorway of the kitchen area. "She was right here," Ham-dog said. I looked around the kitchenette and saw a pot on the stove. I walked over to it, smelling the steaming liquid. "Yep," I said, gagging at the terrible smell. "Maybe she knows how to teleport," I added. The two boys shrugged, Hamish looked around the room. 

After awhile of waiting something didn't feel right. "Should I go check up on Jack?" I asked, standing in front of the kitchen counter. "He's fine," Hamish answered, "I just got a text from him." I nodded, but something still didn't feel right. "I'm still going to check up on him," I said and pushed open the door.  I looked around the yard and soon found the girl standing in front of my friend, she held a stick in both hands. "Jack!" I yelled and stepped forward. 

"Y/N no!" Jack shouted. The next thing I know I flew across the yard. My head hit the ground, causing me to lose consciousness. 

What felt like a few hours, was actually just a few seconds. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting them from the bright sun. I heard the birds continuously chirp as I laid there. A presence soon appeared by my side. I rubbed my eyes once more, my vision became clear. "Hey....." the figure said, softly. "I know you," I said and grabbed Randall's hand as he helped me up from the ground. 

"I told you to stay with us," he said, wiping the grass off of my shirt. 

"Well," I sighed, "You should know by now that I do not listen." 

~~~~

"Okay," Randall said, "It seems like Ellie Taylor was a rising star in the theology department and then all of a sudden she's expelled." He walked over to the chair and read from the computer. He sat down on the bean bag. I walked over to stand beside him, I looked over his shoulder. "It looks like there are...." I read from the laptop, "Insinuations that she 'borrowed' some book without permission."