𝘪𝘪𝘪) 𝐒𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒

Start from the beginning

Her breath stung in her lungs as her eyes wandered around the endless buildings and screens suffocating her. Every direction she turned, the supes were watching her, waiting for her to step one toe out of line so they could swoop down and tear her apart. Who was she kidding? She was already being torn apart. This was a decline. Breathing a little heavier than she was comfortable with, Rowan attempted to embrace this new identity of owning her own self-destruction, twitching her nose at the boys her age still staring,"Run." She growled, smirking to herself when they immediately backed away and fled at her command. She powered over them - like some sort of... superhero.

____________________

Eyes narrowed in ambitious challenge, Rowan was currently sat at the sticky table, feet up and fingers playfully toying with a knife. She always knew she'd have to kill Jay - he was the only one who knew how to find her before times of The Boys had hung her upside down, he never knew her real name and she liked it that way.

A smirk tugged at her lips as soon as small footsteps creaked down the carpeted stairs. She could hardly make out the landing with the window at the top from the kitchen table but the house was old and run down enough to hear someone from the ground floor. The young woman, considerable years younger than Hughie, jumped as soon as she caught sight of the adolescent making herself comfortable in her boyfriend's home.

"Mornin', Love. Holly...?" Rowan guessed, pointing at her casually with the blade.

The brunette stared at her with pretty, blue eyes for a moment before sighing, slipping on an oversized jumper from the cluttered floor,"He didn't think you'd be back so soon."

"So, it's true." She nodded, seemingly rather impressed,"He's never managed to hang onto a girl for this long before. Remind me, how long's it been?"

"Eight months." Holly scowled - she was clearly irritated by the fact that this child knew her boyfriend better than she did. Perhaps, Rowan may have even been a little jealous - the girls came and went, she was the one who had stayed for four years. But now, it seemed Jay had actually started to settle down with someone.

WHY ARE YOU JEALOUS?

HE BETRAYED YOU!

YOU RIP HER FACE OFF RIGHT NOW!

"Well, that's news to me." She delicately ran her finger over the sharp point in the steel and let out a short, genuine sigh of disappointment,"Why'd he do it?" She whispered.

"You didn't think those videos wouldn't get out eventually, did you?" The young woman began to tie her hair up into a messy bun at the top back of her head. As she watched carefully, Rowan somewhat admired it - she never thought of keeping her hair out of her face like that. If she did so, her hair would be out of her face and one of her main features would be hidden from the public. She was snapped out of her train of thought by more creaky steps, followed by the tanned, young man with curly, dark hair and exposed muscles stepping into view, running a hand over his head and instantly freezing when his eyes met those of the one he betrayed. "I'll go get some breakfast." Holly sighed, noting the thick tension and deciding it was best to leave the two of them and go out.

"Well, she's quite tasty, up close and personal." Rowan decided, shifting in her seat and leaning back.

"Yeah, and she doesn't give a fuck about my superhero pants." Jay hissed, ripping out a draw from one of the plastic cabinets.

What's behind drawer number one?

She stared as he rustled around in the box of weapons, finally groaning,"For fuck's sake, Jay." She sighed,"Put a fucking shirt on, you're making me dry-heave."