Part 5 - Freak Out

Start from the beginning

Korra stared at Asami for a bit "It's okay Asami... I forgive you.." She said before removing Asami's hands off her shoulders gently, but still holding onto them as they were lowered. "Just... just to be clear... you don't remember anything else after are fight?"

"Not... not really... I got too drunk, everything's just a blur..." Korra looked down in relief that she didn't remember their kiss, even though there was still a part of her that she wished she remembered.

"Why?? Did I do something wrong?? Did I hurt you!?" Asami pulled her hands away as she quickly examined Korra's body then looked back at her face, now realizing the red mark on it. "Did... did I do that??"

"What?? No! No no! It was Naga!" She looked up at her friend "You didn't do anything wrong! I walked into my room and didn't see her... I accidentally... stepped on her tail.. so I faced the consequences..." The avatar chucked awkwardly as she scratched the back of her neck again, hoping Asami would believe her.

"Okay... if.. you say so.." She looked down at Korra "Are you sure nothing else happened last night?"

Korra nodded quickly and forced a smile to her face "Absolutely! Not a problem! I uh.." Korra chuckled awkwardly "I... should get going, so... um... I'll see you later?" Her comment sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Well... alright, are you not going to eat breakfast?"

"No.. I'm not all that hungry"

"Yeah but you barely ate anything last night and-"

What is she doing?
"Look, Asami! I really need to go!" Korra snapped although she didn't mean to. She had no anger towards to Asami. If anything she was angry at herself and if it wasn't anger she was feeling, it was confusion. "I just.. I really need to head out." Korra said quickly, and before she let Asami get another word, she was gone.

"Alright.. well... I'll see you later!" Asami called out after Korra before looking down and shutting the door to the estate.

• • • • •

As Korra flew around Republic City on her glider, she couldn't stop thinking about Asami. About their little dispute, their conversation this morning, about their kiss. Korra starred down at the ground below her as she held onto her glider, letting her thoughts consume her mind once more.

It's only been 12 hours and it's already eating me alive. Korra thought to herself. Did she kiss me because she was drunk? Or.. was she so drunk that she kissed me? Is there even a difference..?

Of course there's a difference.

Should I even tell her what happened? She has the right to know.

But she was drunk, so it couldn't have meant anything right?

I lied to her, I've never lied to her before. About anything, I have to tell her.

And what if it ruins your friendship?

It can't! She's the one who kissed me!

I'm sure she'll wonder if you liked it or not.

She won't ask that! Even if i did tell her anything, She'll laugh it off.

Asami isn't insensitive.

But you don't even know if she likes girls. Maybe she'll blame you.

Oh god...

"What if she does blames me..?" Korra whispered to herself. Before Korra could think or say another word, it wasn't too long until she was heading straight for a building. Korra widened her eyes as she realized she was about to crash.

"Oh shit!! Shit!!" Korra yelled as she pulled back on her glider, attempting to angle it upwards. With her speed and the wind not in her favor, it did nothing but cause tears in the glider, making the avatar fall from the sky. Korra began to scream a bit as she started to fall to the ground.

She looked for any leverage she could use to stop her fall. She was too far from any water, while earth and fire weren't a safe or smart option. Before her mind could even register what was happening, as soon as Korra got close to the ground, she had pushed her hands out causing a gust of wind to slow her fall, but not completely.

The avatar fell on top of a fruit cart, breaking it into pieces before rolling off onto the side and hitting the ground, her glider now completely torn falling in place next to her. Korra groaned as she laid on her back, letting her body take in what had just happened.

"Korra!!" Yelled a familiar voice "Korra are you alright?!" The voice got closer.

Korra moaned in pain as she tried to sit up, her body failing her request "Mako..?" She said softly as the young man came into her line of sight.

How're you guys liking the story so far??There's soo much more coming, just wait.