Chapter Twelve

Carrie's POV

   I got my purse out of my car along with my phone and keys. As I walked into 'Living' (a Vegan restaurant) I saw a few people glance my way. I slightly smiled at them and continued walking.

  I ordered my food and decided to sit outside since it was warm. "Hello?" I said answering my phone as I sat down.

  "Baby are you mad at me?" Mike asked sounding worried.

  "No, I'm just thinking..." I sighed taking a bite of my salad.

  "About what I said?" He said causing me to nod as I chewed my food.

  "Yes...Mike you don't say that, to someone you care about." I said quietly so everyone around me didn't hear. "You'd never forgive me? Do you really think I'd ever do anything to hurt it?" I asked making sure not to say baby. The last thing I needed was for the media to find out I was pregnant too soon.

  "No but I-"

  "Mike I love you...a lot and it hurts that you'd say something like that, no matter how upset you were." I said cutting him off.

  "Please tell me how I can make it up to you." Mike said as his voice seemed to get weak, as a sign that he was starting to cry.

  "Mikey..." I sighed starting to put my salad in a to go box. "Why are you so torn up about this?" I asked standing up, and getting my things.

  "Because Carrie I don't want you to leave." Mike blurted out catching me off guard a bit as I walked to my car.

  "Mike I'm not going to leave." I said as I opened my door.

  "It feels like it... A lot." Mike confessed as I started my car and pulled out of my parking spot.

  "Mike..." I sighed driving towards the house. "I'm on my way home, please calm down...I'll be there in a bit." I said as I stopped at a stop light.

  "How am I suppose to calm down when my wife is starving herself to dealth?" Mike asked sounding like he was crying.

  With that I hung up. I felt tears coming to my eyes as I pulled into my community. Mike's words seemed to repeat in my head, and I couldn't make them stop.

  Before I knew it I was walking up the porch steps, into our house. It was quiet when I entered. And the quietness continued as I walked up the stairs.

  "Carrie..." I herd as I stepped into the hallway. The bedroom door slowly opened and out came Mike. He looked rough. Upset. Really upset. "Let's just start over." Mike said as he walked towards me.

  "Why are you saying such mean things to me?" I asked tears falling from my eyes.

  "Baby I'm sorry...I am, but I don't want to see you struggle with this." Mike confessed a single tear falling from his eye. "I want to see you happy." He added wrapping his arms around me.

  "I'm not starving myself Mike..." I said looking into his eyes. "I just got done eating part of my lunch." I added pulling out of his hug. "Trust me... Mike, stop saying all this stuff to me, because it hurts..." I confessed tears falling from my eyes as I looked up at him. "It hurts to hear the person you love saying all those things to you Mike." I added, tears still falling from my eyes.

  "Princess I-"

  "You call me princess but you don't treat me like one anymore." I sighed wiping my eyes.

  "Carrie I'm sorry." Mike apologized gently pulling his hands on the side of my face. "Please forgive me..." He begged looking into my eyes as his face got closer to mine. "You know I love you so much." Mike said as his lips brushed against mine gently. "Please say you love me..." He begged his nose touching mine.

Why didn't Carrie say it back??
Comment and Vote