What I didn't understand was why they insisted on making sure I ate everything I was given. I wasn't complaining...but it was weird eating when a servant is ordered sit and watch you to make sure you eat everything. I shrugged it off-maybe it had something to do with the groom's preferences.

Eventually the day came when my father came to take me somewhere like he said. Except it was late in the night. Though I was a bit uneasy, I still got into the gama they brought to me. Peeking out, I looked up at the bright full moon. So bright...yet so lonely.

 Suddenly one of the carriers shut the window and I could hear the latch lock shut

Suddenly one of the carriers shut the window and I could hear the latch lock shut. Rude.

I sat in silence, tugging at the bright red skirt of my new hanbok. I didn't know why, but the entire atmosphere felt so- Wait, we're here? I felt the gama being lowered to the ground, then the door was opened.

"Let's go", my father said. I promptly got out and fell into step with him before looking at where we were. I gasped.

We were in the palace.

I followed my father as he went through a long corridor and into a seemingly abandoned courtyard. Suddenly, he turned and stopped in front of a stone wall covered with moss and ivy. I looked at him, confused, then noticed something shiny on his neck. Like a metal collar...

He reached out and moved some vines out of the way and I saw a door handle I didn't see earlier. He turned it and the stone door gradually swung open to a dim space. A stone staircase went down, lit by a few torches.

" Go in."

I turned to my father in shock. he didn't really expect me to go down... there? Did he? His face was unreadable as he stared at me, waiting for me to obey. I swallowed and entered, starting to climb down the stairs. Suddenly I heard the door shut behind me and I turned around instantly... to see him right behind me. I quietly let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and we went down in silence.

We got to another corridor but this time he told me not to follow him before turning the bend. I heard another door open and shut but after that, there was silence. Such silence. The deafening kind, that makes you want to make a noise, any noise, just to dispel it. So I started singing.

 A song that I remember my mother singing every time she did my hair

A song that I remember my mother singing every time she did my hair. A song about meeting someone in the night. I was cut off by a door swinging open, my father appearing moments later. He gestured for me to follow him before heading back the way he came. I followed and we stopped in front of yet another stone door. He opened the door and I looked in, and I could see an underground cave. I suddenly felt arms around me.

"Father-"

"It's alright", he cut me off. He pulled away and gave me a tiny but strange smile... before pushing me into that cave and shutting the door behind me. I rushed to the now shut door and tried to open it, but it had been sealed somehow. I felt tears flood my eyes as I banged on the door.

"Father! Father, please! Open the door, Father!", I screamed, tears pouring down my face.

"That's enough."

I stopped and turned slowly. All I saw was a black cloak, before a hand suddenly covered my eyes.

Never greet a stranger in the night...

I gasped, but before I could scream, I felt dizzy and sleepy. All I could mutter was a faint ,"Mom", before it all went dark.

...for he may be a demon...

========================
Gama: Korean litter used to transport nobles, usually ladies:

            ========================Gama: Korean litter used to transport nobles, usually ladies: