Un

"Oh, Baguette, mon chéri, why don't you love me???" Croissant whispered from far across the cafe. Paris, France, was the city of love, and yet Croissant was lonely and single, but unprepared to mingle, for she had her sights set upon the handsome and crunchy Baguette. 

He was tall and lean and perfectly baked. He was the only baguette in town that didn't have a soggy bottom. He was a crispy golden brown, but on the inside, he was a real softy. So, naturally, Croissant has fallen for him along with basically everyone else in the Parisian cafe. Macaron, Brie, Eclair, etc. - they were her biggest competition.

Croissant knew she stood very little chance of being the one who baguette would fall for, for several reasons. Firstly, there must have been hundreds of competitors for his heart. That already reduced her chances to 1%. But also, she wasn't exactly the most desirable pastry in the store. She had a tendency to promise to go places and then not show up. That is to say, she was flaky. Also, she was quite insecure about her roundness and she crumbled under very very little pressure. Baguette was strong and tough - how could he want her?

Still, Croissant pined, however hopelessly, as she watched him brushing the crumbs off of his coat. Maybe one day, he would be hers. Until that day came, she would wait.

"Je t'aime, baguette." She murmured, sighing from behind the leg of a chair. The sun had set, the city was reduced to a soft yellow glow against the navy sky and the black silhouette of Paris. And Croissant closed her eyes and dreamt of her love.