Note of Suddenly ... Appearances?

Dru Blackthorn

'What can one do when you have to learn that a soul returned from those unknown waters parting life and death,

Without being a necromancer or Herondale.'

I counted down this past year uneasily. One which started with the day my family watched a sister fall, someone who used to help me find the lastest drawings of gothic fashion online, occasionally stay up to watch horror movies at midnight and eat half my secret supplies. Part of an irreplaceable duo, and for such a short time, trio. I guess I had been a little jealous when my older twins took in a complete stranger while I was left out after so many years of trying to understand that bond of trust everyone else had. Now after Livvy was slain from a returned haunting Blackthorn, all that seemed more important, plus made me feel like a character out of a scandalous family ghost killer movie.

Now after a short war, massive glowing parabatai and full-on exile, my family had been further ripped and torn. Here, back in our place of L.A., one might not think so, with Helen and Aline returned to us after many years of injustice and Julian and Emma being happier than I have ever seen them previously, from my point of view of that situation.

Mark and Christina, now always taking trips every other day to the king of faerie land. Not that I wanted to see them unhappy, but I felt like I happened to always be seeing them looking towards the horizons if that makes any sense. Again, like another irreplaceable part wasn't there for them. By the Angel, I didn't even get to look after Tavvy as much. Although that could be down to those weekend with Max and Rafe Lightwood-Bane.

But my biggest concern lay with all the missing people. Ty, after all this loss and happiness. After rising a secondary Blackthorn ghost back that only appeared for him and Herondales had gone off to his dream of the Schlormance, where I couldn't talk to him, except for waiting for a letter, and I wanted to help him most of all. Cause with Kit gone, taking whatever it happened to be that they had between them, there was a breakpoint. Not that I stopped giving Kit whatever daily updates I needed too since I couldn't even begin to describe how irritating it had been being "Hi Dru, it everything alright with Ty, where is Ty, has he been communicating to you, cause I haven't been anything, even a postcard, send help for my poor broken feelings". Okay, maybe I find it a little annoying.

But out of anyone I know, my brother deserved love, I could feel it in the way even Livvy swayed towards, this new boy, with his great attitude and this century Herondale class, captured my brother, and they just ... I sighed, it is just too much. Not to mention, both didn't tell me what had happened, there were dozens of events I didn't know about, including someone kind of massive breakup. Love is so complicated, goodness, even Thalis felt sympathy for me. Me. She is also pretty good at something she likes to call fanfiction writing. Part of the mundane culture that still shocks me. Even training as a Shadowhunter, she kept hold of this part of herself. She says that without new releases to be read, she thanked for my family dynamics.

She sends me at least, one short story a week after I describe all the known details of my family problems. Dru's Guide to everything Blackthorn. So far, Kit had suddenly received a letter displaying undying love from Ty, and after months of mental torture and debate, decides to visit the all-powerful Drusilla for advice, who berates him for all his 'I went to another country to avoid this family', find out the truth behind it all, and go to the Scholamance, get Ty, and make them have a conversation.

Speaking of secrets, I guess the biggest one I could get was from last night, one second I tried around to find a sock, next thing I know, no of nowhere, Ty just suddenly appeared sprawled on the floor sleeping, in a nice hoodie I had recently heard for a phone call from Kit to be magically messed with (Missing). and holding serval untitled books and stacks of unsent letters and stray notes.

Shocking manners, especially considered I was currently on a phone call with my new friend, Thalis that I took months to find and befriend, I honestly thought Shadowhunters with knowledge of mundane culture are always best. Of course, I had to check my brother happened to be alive, give a quick explanation of "Part 5, Chapter 2, Ending". End call. And take a look at all those notes. Not that I do such invasions of privacy all the time. But this was Ty, his notes are the most straightforward notes I have ever seen, also he was right beside me all that time anyway.

Now this family secret lay on my shoulders here in Los Angeles. Ah well, might be better to hide behind new horror films.

Schlormane

"Alright, which one of you wrote the message posted outside the front door "Hope you choke on your olive loaf, you small-minded bigots"

"Ty, ty... Tiberius Nero Blackthorn, wake up and tell me what happened" a low concerned voice called out. It was... Livvy. No, wait, it, Drusilla. I made it then, back home. I opened my eyes to see my younger sisters brown hair flowing over me, her concern came as a shock when she spoke: "Ty, what in the name of the nine princes of hell do you manage to do?"

"Drusilla... I ..." I started. "Ty you just appeared in here this morning, spilling all these books all over my floor" Books... ah, so they all made it as well, I had to make a note of that later. Can carry many objects across travel.

To be honest, I thought I would have ended up in Chiswick house. Clearly I made two jumps across realm space. "Dru... the cohort came in, just suddenly, earlier than I did expect them to arrive" "Arrive? ty Idris was closed, how could you..." "Livvy came into close enough contact to Idris's barrier that she could overhear a few things. I made a list" I tried to get out of the bed when my strength just drained out, "the small green one" I said.

Dru combed through the mass number of my things, flicking through, until finding the lastest entry, she raised an eyebrow

Open borders and portal to New York Institute, Scholormance, in one week. Low supplies left available.

Right, I clearly needed to make plans faster, Ty was spilling black shadows all around him. I had to get a warlock. Plus with no contact with family under no uncertain terms. I wanted to fix all my problems, anyway, me and Thalis already planned to go on a mission in London, so making a fast trip out of here would be best. Kit's number flashed up like lightbulbs. He was living with Tessa, who could help this problem out. There was no one here in L.A. at this moment apart from little old me. Yes, everyone had gone over a quick meeting with New York, with an increasing demon crisis. And I stayed behind for being young. just brilliant.

I dialled up his number, which he answered almost immediately. "Dru, what's up? I just got Mina to go back to sleep" "Yeah, wonderful Kit. I know this is going to be asking a lot from you, but I wanted to, ah prewarn you." I glanced over at the exhausted form of Tiberius, clutching at the Herondale necklace around his neck. it would be so unfair for kit to be shocked "Um, I think I found that hoodie you lost" I could hear Kit catch his breath. "Dru, is he okay, do you know where he is?" I always noted who Kit never said it. "Ty is right here. He's alive and all, but I think I need to bring an extra member alongside me"

"Hello, Dru is there something you needed?" "Yes, Tessa, um that portal I had to get from here to the London Institue, I have to travel as soon as possible and to somewhere more closed off" "to Chiswick for instance" "Yes, I have an unexpected brother (who broke Kit's heart, I mean, I think) to take with me as well( and avoid family discussions apparently about necromancy), he ... has somethings to take care of (With kit). Also please tell kit, I'm bringing along (Someone who left behind in this country without a goodbye) ... Ty, just so he aware"

Stay safe, I will be staying at home, and dedicated to writing for you all.
this chapter is a Little unedited, but hope you enjoyed it. Hellcat5000.