Chapter 6

Niall's P.O.V.

I woke up in the best mood that I had been in since Olivia left me. I smiled to myself before opening my eyes thinking of how much fun we had together yesterday. I reached over to pull her closer but only grabbed a handful of sheets. She was gone. Of course she had left. I don't know why I thought she would have stayed. I knew she wasn't coming back and it was just sex. I knew not to get my hopes up. I still checked to see if her clothes were gone or if she had put on my shirt and gone downstairs. I knew I was too full of hope and being unrealistic. I hoped for her to still be here but I was only disappointed when I discovered her clothes were gone. She was truly gone. I put my head back on the pillow and let out a heavy breath. I eventually got out of bed after thinking of what I could have done differently to make her stay. I didn't know when or if I would hear from her again. I took a quick shower before sending her a text message.

Hey Liv. Do you want to come back over and talk about last night. I could come to you but I don't know exactly where you live. Just that you live with Kimmie.

No. I can't. We can't do that again.

Why not?

You know why. I know I came over and I initiated the sex, but it can't happen again. I don't trust myself to be alone with you. I'm really sorry if I gave you some sort of false hope. That wasn't what I wanted to happen.

Do you at least want to meet up and get some breakfast? It's in public so you know nothing will happen. We can trust ourselves in public right? She took a while to respond and I could tell it was because she was mentally debating on the idea. To my surprise she agreed and we met up at a small diner. I was already sitting at a table nervously messing with sugar packets when she walked in. She immediately found me without me having to get her attention. She sat across from me and gave me a tight lipped smile. "Hey Liv how are you? I already ordered your usual for you."

"Thanks. What did you want to talk about?"

"Last night."

"What about it? It was a one time thing. It can't happen again."

"It wasn't a one time thing because we used to hang out like that every night. It didn't always end in sex but sometimes it did. Most times. The point is that is how we used to be, so obviously we can be that again if you just stay. We clearly still have that connection or feeling or whatever you want to call it." She just shook her head and the waitress brought our food over. I thanked her and she walked away with a smile. "Why didn't you stay? You left once I fell asleep."

"No I stayed all night. You just slept later than I did."

"That's because I was actually able to get a good nights rest with you there."

"Well I hope it lasts because I don't want to do that again." I looked down at my food trying not show how much it killed me for her to say those things to me. I knew she wanted to move on but I didn't want her to move on. I wanted her back. I was taking every chance I had to be able to talk to her. I didn't expect her to come running back with open arms. I knew I had messed up. I was willing to work to get her back. We just sat there eating in silence. "You don't have any thing else you want to say?" I looked up at her with a straight face and I'm sure she knew what I was about to say.

"Come back."

"Niall." She let out a deep breath and looked away. She didn't seem annoyed when she looked away. She seemed sad and like she almost wanted to say yes.

"Sorry. I just think...no, I know that I can do better. Just give us a chance. I did alright last night didn't I?"

"Yeah...but." She didn't say anymore and just looked at her food.