4. Year 3, Big Yikes

--------------------------------------------------------------

Juniper could not think of anything aside from how close his face was to hers. She felt his crisp minty breath hitting her face every time he spoke, and when he was finished, she lowered her eyes from his to gaze at the pigment on his parted lips.

 --------------------------------------------------------------

After lunch, Juniper went on her way to the Slytherin common rooms. She had plans to meet up with Clara and go over the material they had learned in Charms class earlier today, and also to tell her about her recent run in with the golden trio.

Turning the corner to go down to the basement, she thudded against a tall figure, almost knocking her off of her feet.

"I'm sorry, excuse me," she said before registering who it was she ran into. Malfoy. He looked down on her with his condescending grey eyes which were gleaming with a sense of arrogance.

"Watch where you're going, mud-blood."

"You know, Draco, I have done nothing to you. Do you think I want to have run-ins with you?" Her face had turned red, and her voice was shaking slightly. For the first time, her eyes held his and gave no sign of faltering. She had never confronted him before but she was over it, she would not be bullied by anyone.

"You were standing so close to me," she said, recalling back to when she fainted in front of him on the train. "you saw that I was falling. You let me hit the ground, hit my head." Her hand swooped up and prodded the bump on her head, which was still present but going down slowly. His expression hadn't changed, he still looked as smug and sadistic as ever, however his eyebrows raised from the surprise that she had something to say back.

The surprise didn't last long, and he dipped his head down to get level with her eyes. He stepped forward, backing her against the wall of the empty corridor, and placed his right hand next to her head, leaning in even closer to her. The boy's delighted emotions danced across his face, and it was clear how much of a game he found this to be. A disgusting, sick, game. A game she was now playing into. 

She felt so small compared to his large presence, and his gaze was even more intimidating than it had been when he towered over her. Especially since his body language had turned even more threatening than before. 

"I owe you nothing, Howards." He bit at her last name, which was the first time she had ever heard him say it. "You are nothing and I owe you nothing. You will address me by Malfoy," his lips pulled back as he spoke slowly, enunciating every word and speaking as if Juniper were some idiotic 5 year old. "Perhaps even by Mr. Malfoy, or Sir, seeing as how you're no better than a common servant. Perhaps," he drew it out, cocking his head to the side while forming a patronizing sneer. "one day you might even be good enough to serve my family at our manor. After all, what else would a dirty little mud-blood be good for?" 

Juniper could not think of anything aside from how close his face was to hers. She felt his crisp minty breath hitting her face every time he spoke, and when he was finished, she lowered her eyes from his to slowly look at the pigment of his parted lips.

This is not who I am, she thought. I shouldn't do it.

She couldn't help it, though. Her anger was finally bubbling up, and she was so tired of giving Malfoy the benefit of the doubt, but he had been terrible to her for so long and she couldn't take it anymore. Who cared about the consequences, how could someone be so nasty all of the time?

Oh, to hell with it. He already hates me.

So, she took a deep breath before swinging her left hand up and smacking him right across his beautifully malicious face.

"Next time I'll use my wand," she winced out, nursing her stinging hand against her chest as it throbbed from making contact with his cold, porcelain skin. "Leave me alone, Draco, and I mean it. Or I'll tell everyone that you got bested by a 'dirty little mud-blood.'"

And with that, she bolted off to the Slytherin common room, leaving behind her a seething and revengeful fourteen year old boy. 

 --------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!! Thank you so much for the support for the story! 

It is very appreciated!!

-Cherry xx