Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Eddie winced then went glassy-eyed as the endorphins set in. I felt cold everywhere, my eyes unable to pull myself away from the gruesome sight. Once again my mind drifted to Adrian. I remembered when Dawn had bitten him, and how terrified I had been. He ended up ok, I just had to remember that. "Hey, let me have a turn!" whined Tasha. Nikita stepped back, a huge smile revealing her bloody fangs. Tasha was there in an instant, her mouth on his neck. She pulled back after what seemed like an eternity. "mmmm, it's been so long since I've tasted dhampier." she moaned happily. I nearly choked out a sob. I felt Samael's grip tighten on my wrists, his body pressing against me. He forced me to look at him, those cold eyes once again lustful. He enjoyed my fear, I thought, feeling sick. He leaned his head in toward my neck, his lips slightly parted. He hovered above my skin and my face was so close to his head. I wished he would just kill me so that I didn't have to be so aware of him. His smell was almost like that of chemicals. It burned my nose. I couldn't breathe. His lips lightly brushed my skin and traveled up my neck until he was resting against my cheek. I shook violently, unable to stop the terror for overwhelming me. That was when his lips came crushing down against mine. I wanted to scrub my mouth out with bleach. The force of his kiss was enough to mash my lips into my teeth. He tasted metallic. I wanted to scream. I felt his fangs on my lower lip. When he pulled back I nearly spit. He smiled with delight and then gently brushed my hair away from my neck. I braced myself, but I still wasn't prepared when his teeth entered my flesh. There was a sharp pain and then I was floating. It was so wonderful, so peaceful. I wanted to breathe this bliss. I was swimming in some high so wonderful, dropping into the endless world of unfeeling beauty. That was when it ended. My mind took a minute to recover before I saw Samael's disgusted face. I had expected as much. "What's wrong?" asked Nazar. Samael spit. "ugh! She tastes AWFUL!" he exclaimed. Nazar looked confused. "WHAT's WRONG WITH YOU?!" Samael shouted, showering my face in spit. His hand was so strong I felt his grip breaking my wrists. I yelled out in pain. "You can still do whatever you want with her," noted Nazar. Samael hissed in disgust. He released my wrists and I gasped. I could feel the splintering of the bones in my wrists, shooting through my hands. I didn't have a lot of time to gather myself before my legs were whisked out from under me and I was on my back. Samael was on top of me, his hands clamped around my throat. He stared into my eyes with such anger, I knew that my death was in his future. He stood with blinding speed. A malicious smile crossed his lips before his foot slammed down onto my leg.There was a crack. I screamed. My cry must've prompted a reaction from Eddie, for I heard Nikita squeal and Tasha growl threateningly, followed by a cry of pain. I struggled to see what had happened, but each movement sent shooting pain through my limbs and my head throbbed, blurring my vision. I did, however, notice something shiny behind the boiler near my hand. Samael leaned over me and jammed his fist into my stomach. My breath caught and whooshed out of me. He was so close now that my hand was now gripping the object, ready to strike. I opened my mouth as if to speak. He leaned in closer. I struck out with the stake, jamming it into his chest with every ounce of strength I had.