Treat People With Kindness

Start from the beginning

"Then let's go write you more songs." I whisper in his ear and he twists his arms around my waist.

"Okay. But only if you change clothes. You've had that hoodie on for almost two weeks straight without washing it and as much as you look great, you need to change." He muffles into my neck.

"I don't want his smell to go away, Harry..." I whisper.

"It won't... Take things slow, but don't stop living." He whispers and I tighten my arms around him.

We make our way inside and I go into his bedroom and move to my suitcase which he helped me pack a few months ago, other than that I've been going back and forth between my apartment inner city to get things when I need them. I pull out a pale pink midi wrap dress with small white flowers patterned on the dress and throw on a pair of platform docs. I go into the bathroom and tie my hair back into a messy bun which looks absolutely shocking, but I haven't found the desire to wash it the last week, so a ponytail and messy buns have been the go-to lately. My eyes look dark and the under bags of my eyes consume me as the match my hollowed-out cheeks.

"It's okay to miss him." I whisper aloud to my reflection, reminding myself how I'm feeling is okay and it isn't permanent. At least I hope it isn't.

I walk down the hallway and down the stairs to Harry who leans over his kitchen bench, playing with his rings. He stands in a pair of blue trousers and a black tee shirt with vans. He looks up at me as I walk down to him and he pulls me into an embrace as I reach him. He understands changing would've been difficult. This is the first time since the film wrapped that I've had to wear something other than Dad's clothes.

"You look beautiful, baby." He whispers into my ear as he pulls me into his chest and I feel the warmth of his body.

"So do you." I respond.

He takes my hands and leads me out to his garage where I climb into the passenger seat of his car and pull my seatbelt on.

"What're we doing today?" I ask, the engine of the car beginning to rev.

"We're going to celebrate the wonderful life of Dean." He says as he places his hand on my own.

"How so?" I ask him curiously.

"By doing what Dean loved to do most, treat people with kindness." He says and I smile. 

"And then, I'm going to book you a hair appointment." He says and my smile drops. He taps at my nose and hovers his index finger around my face which makes me laugh, taking his pointer finger and moving it away from my face.

We drive to a florist and pick up three bouquets of flowers, pink roses, blue gerberas and sunflowers. Harry picks a daisy from a bouquet of dainty wildflowers and places it behind my ear. We pay for the flowers and walk down the boulevard, handing out flowers to strangers and complimenting them on how they look or what they're wearing for the remains of the afternoon.

"I think we have a theme going you and I, this pink and blue thing." He says as we walk together, only a few of the pink roses left.

"You reckon?" I ask him.

"Definitely." He says back and I nudge him in the shoulder as I push my body into his playfully.

The sky turns from a deep blue into a soft pink within the hour and we pick up two containers of strawberry ice cream to take home. I suppose I can't really call it home, it's Harry's place not mine and after Dad passing well maybe its time I found a new home... I'm just not sure where that is yet. We drive down the coast making our way to his house, windows down of course. My hair blows in the wind and Harry has one hand on the steering wheel, the other dancing his fingertips over my knuckles, tapping to the music that plays through the aux chord.