Chapter 5: STORY TIME?

Começar do início

2 months later

2 months of observation I came to the conclusion that this girl was the real deal. I knew that I would have some competition in this school, something I've never had in my life.

"You literally observed Pinky here for 2 damn months? Fucking idiot. Who the hell does that?!" said Bakugou.

"Shut up! It's rude to interrupt people when they're talking you idiot."

"THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME, GRUDGE BITCH?!!"

"I KNOW YOU DID NOT JUST CALL ME GRUDGE BITCH, YOU RETARDED DOG!!"

"I'LL BLOW THAT SMUG BRAIN OF YOURS RIGHT OUT OF EXISTENCE!"

"TRY ME!! I DARE YOU!!"

That kid with the god awful green hair interrupted us before we did anything we were gonna regret later. "G-G-Guys, stop f-fighting."

"Tsk" responded Bakugou. "I'll get her next time. Right now I still wanna hear this story."

"Fair enough" I responded.

"As I was saying, during assembly principal Hanzo had announced a very important event - the Inventors, Math and Science Contest. We would take practice tests to make sure we were ready. I decided to temporarily cut my observations on Hatsume to focus all my brain power on coming 1st place in the competition. Middle schools of my class all around Kyoto were to participate but it wasn't going to be a large amount of kids because only a select few of the best kids were offered a chance to participate. The ones from my school were Me, Hatsume, Sosuke, Manaka and Katsuragi. Instead of giving prizes for Top 3, it was decided that prizes were to be given to the Top 10. We had 2 weeks to prepare for the competition. I ignored all outside distractions. I slept late night having my parents assess my knowledge every single night.

Timeskip

All was set. We had made it to the IMS Contest. Satō with her usual cheerful demeanor was checking out the massive place. It was as large as a school but not the same in shape. It was specifically designed for holding events. She easily made new friends from other schools. Sosuke was reading a book while Katsuragi and Manaka were flirting with girls from other schools. Typical weirdos, but I can't deny that they're definitely not idiots. However Hatsume just stood there, taking notes of the structure of the walls of this place. 'What the hell's that freak doing?' I thought to myself but I didn't pardon myself on matter.

The contest had started. For this round one student from each school was chosen to compete against the others in an invention match. They were to disassemble and reassemble parts of a television remote, explaining what each component is used for. I know, pretty advanced for a bunch of middle schoolers but this is just how it was. 500 kids and only 10 were going to be victors.

We discussed who was to be chosen in the invention category. Katsuragi wasn't up the task as he just wanted to relax till he felt like competing. Manabu ignored us and carried on reading his book. Satō wanted to participate but so did Hatsume. Naturally I decided we take a vote but Sosuke disagreed. He said, "Keigo. We both know you'll never in a million years vote for Hatsume, no matter how skilled she is because, unlike the others, I'm aware of how you've been to Hatsume. It's already a rigged vote. Chances are you would have persuaded Katsuragi to vote for Satō as well. Am I wrong?"

This was the damn problem I had with Sosuke. Always straightforward right at the point where I don't want him to. "Then what do you suggest we do Mr Smarty Pants?" I asked him.