𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Začít od začátku

"So much can change in a matter of seconds. One could overthrow an empire. One could fall in love. An acorn doesn't become an oak overnight," Dad stated. "I was really hoping you had more than that," Five said. "I'm sorry I can't be of more help."

"I'm sorry, too. I gave you such a hard time as a kid," Five spoke. "I didn't know any better." Dad looked down. "Hmm. No skin off my teeth, old man." He raised his glass at him and took a drink. Five sighed and finished his.

"Well, we should get going," Five said, standing up. "Actually," I held him back, "I was hoping to talk to you," I said, looking at Dad. "Do you want me to-"

"Just wait outside," I waved Five off. He gave me one last glance before heading out. "So. What was it you wanted to discuss?" Dad asked. "It's about my powers." He nodded at me to continue. "I'm sure you don't know much about them yet, but I've just been struggling, recently."

"With which one?" He asked. "The mediumship."

"Well, don't you have someone who can help you with that?" He said. "Klaus?" Dad nodded. "Don't get me wrong, he is much farther along than I am with these powers, but I guess he wouldn't be the best-"

"Teacher."

"Yeah," I confirmed. "What can I do to help?" He asked. "Do you have any advice for summoning the dead? I'm only really able to summon one person."

"Well, summoning the dead is not a matter of science, so I don't believe I'll be able to provide much. However, I see something very powerful in you. You're stronger than your siblings. I hope you use it for good," he said, and turned back to his drink. I stood up, leaving my cup on the table.

"Thank you."

And with that, I walked away.

~  ☂︎︎  ~

"𝘼𝙍𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝘼𝘽𝙎𝙊𝙇𝙐𝙏𝙀𝙇𝙔  sure you want to do this?" I asked Five as we approached room 217. After our chat with Dad, Five told me this was our best option. "It's the only thing we can do to save us and our family." I nodded and knocked on the door.

The Handler opened the door, looking quite happy to see us. "Ah! Just in time for a nightcap," she said, walking back into the room. We followed, and I watched her make a drink and light a cigar. Five closed the doors behind us. "To be clear, we take out the board," he sighed. "You get us and our family home," I completed. "No more doomsday, no more apocalypse. Is that correct?"

She lay down on the bed. "That's the deal." Five nodded and looked at me.

"Then we're in."

The Handler pulled out a piece of paper, holding it out to us. I grabbed it and read the address.

The Lonely Lodger Inn.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, 1982.

Five looked over my shoulder and read with me. Here we go.

~  ☂︎︎  ~

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝙉𝘿𝙇𝙀𝙍 provided us with the equipment necessary for getting to 1982. The lodge itself was small and cozy. The upbeat polka music and constant chatter added a nice touch to the atmosphere. I walked up to a lady who looked like she worked here. "Excuse me."