The Clockwork Princess Chapter 7

Why do I find myself in these situations? Ana thought as she loomed over a edge of metal staring off into an unknown void clocks and cogs slowly fell repeatedly into the spacelike portal.  A familiar tick came from Ana's right her eyes flicked towards the sound picking up the clockwork blade that was embedded into a wall "hmph I don't remember it being put here?" Ana murmered her eyes glazing over the portal once more. "You gonna jump in there?" A male voice asked.

It sounded real although over the ticking of the clocks all around Ana she couldn't tell if it was human or fake. " Ah right you figuring out if I'm real or not?" The voice asked again as a dark figure came forward. "Yes...who are you?" Ana asked hesitantly looking towards the tall, male looking figure. "Heh no one important" Ana could feel the stranger smirk.

"Well show yourself will you? Your creepy enough as it is" Ana said her eyes flicking from the portal to the figure. "As you wish" he sighed as he came out of the darkness Ana gasped when seeing him. Curious ocean blue eyes stared at Ana a smirk playing on his pink lips. His skin colour was peachy and his hair a coppery colour. On his left arm was what seemed ti be a clockwork brace it must be to help him move his arm Ana thought as she stared open mouthed at the man. He wore a white, ragged, long sleeved top that half a sleeve was missing on his right arm making the brace more prominant.

However Ana soon saw where the other half of the shirt was. It was wrapped around his right hand, blood stained the material. His trousers was fine except for the blood stains that was splattered all over his trousers. "Yeah, yeah I'm a mess" he said grinning at Ana "but you're in worse for wear" he said nodding towards Ana. She glanced down to her clothes, what used to be her black clockwork dress was now rags the ribbon around her waist was nowhere to be found and the fine cog stitching was frayed. Ana sighed making the man grin further "nah don't worry about it it would've got ruined anyway" Ana glared at the stranger "where am I and who are you? And don't say I'm in the tower I know that! I want to know what floor" Ana demanded. The man laughed jabbing a thumb towards the portal.

Well this used to be the engine room er seventh floor?" He said losing himself in thought "why isn't the engine room on the first floor?" Ana asked looking upon the void once more. "Er it is but there isn't enough energy for it to power up all clockwork stuff only round seven floors" the man replied snapping out of his thoughts Ana looked towards the man once more "and what's your name?" The man's eyes flicked down to the floor murmering "well?" Ana asked taking a step towards the man "Elliot" he said louder turning on his heel towards the darkness once more.

"Where are you going?" Ana asked following Elliot "wha? Don't follow me!" He said aghast. "Why I don't know where I am I woke up here" Ana said tilting her head her eyes examining his every figit. "Well I told you where you are now you just jump on in there and you'll find yourself somewhere" he said turning away to many tools on a bloodied table. "Why is there so much blood?" Ana asked looking once more at his hand "just an accident" Elliot said impatiently "you look hurt" Ana mentioned.

"Of course I am I just fought off some deficient clock dolls!" Elliot yelled whipping round to glare at Ana. But this time Ana wasn't scared "you need to reapply the bandage" Ana murmered as she held his left hand and turned it face up. All Elliot could do is stare as Ana gently unwrapped his bandage taking a look upon the wound. "it's not really bad but not good either" Ana mentioned as Elliot hissed in pain as she gently prodded it.

"Here" Ana said as she quickly ripped another part of his left sleeve making it look now like a short sleeve. "Because my shirt wasn't ruined enough" he murmered softly rolling his eyes as Ana wrapped the remains around his hand tightly securing it into a knot. "Ok done" Ana said removing her hands from his as he stared in astonishment. "Well thanks" he said a smile once more on his face he looks little bit happier  Ana thought smiling back at him until another thought came to mind causing her to frown.

"What's wrong" Elliot asked cautiously looking around his smile fading. "When was you attacked?" Ana asked looking around the small room. A sigh of relief came from Elliot "weren't in here if that's what your thinking through that door" he nodded his head to the shut door. "Came in here for refuge well you can still hear em scratching." He rolled his eyes as his attention came back to the tools "then I saw you thrown in here and the door slammed n locked." He added picking up a spanner" Ana's eyes grew wide "I was threw in here?!" She exclaimed panicked checking for injuries. "Yeah you had stab wounds that was all bandaged up n lucky for you, you didn't get hurt I caught you like that" he said snapping his fingers. Ana strode towards the void once more "do you know where this will take me?" Ana asked holding her breath "no...wait you're not jumping in are you?" Ana gulped "yep I am."

Elliot seemed to think this over "well not without me" he said straightening up "n hey I can tell you the history of this place!" He said his blue eyes brightening.