16. just wanna be loved

Start from the beginning

"I have to check on my mom," she replied, Morgan and Spencer now looking up at her.

"What's wrong?" Spencer asked her, but the girl sighed out.

"She's sick."

"Is she gonna be okay? A—Are you gonna be okay?"

Morgan gave him an even more perplexed look considering how he was just saying bad things about her.

"Mhm," Vanessa answered back, trying to sound nicer. She had to act this way. Even if she wanted to say other things, she had to stay under control. "Bye guys." She was already walking away, not waiting for them to say it back.

"That girl is so sketchy sometimes," Prentiss announced to the two boys—Morgan still looking at the door in case she came back in, and Spencer raising his brows for a second and getting back to work.

On her way out, Garcia was coming out of her office.

"Where you off to, pumpkin?" She greeted, causing the two of them to stop once they met in the middle.

"My mom," Vanessa smiled, trying to play cool.

"She okay?"

"Umm—she's sick, but I'm just gonna go visit her for a bit."

"Aww. Send her my kisses," Garcia planted kisses on both sides of her cheeks, making Vanessa scrunch her nose and smile. "Have fun!" She continued her walk towards the bullpen, and Vanessa laughed slightly before heading for the elevator.

When she got to her car, she set her go back behind her seat and rested both of her hands on the steering wheel. Her eyes drifted up onto the 6th floor, feeling bad that she was lying to them. They're profilers, and they didn't think anything of it. Maybe she was just that good at hiding things.

She started the engine, and grabbed her phone while sitting in the parking lot for a moment. She decided she might as well go visit her mom since she took a week off, but she also didn't want to be a bother to her as well. Then it clicked in her head. There's only one person in the world who actually wants her right now. It was a stupid decision, but she did it anyway.

Driving to her destination, no regrets were running through her. She needed someone to comfort her, and she was only willing to do that with one person.

...

"Hi," she sighed out once someone came to answer the door. "Can I come back?" The guy in front of her nodded with a smile, opening the door wider for her to let her in.

They haven't seen each other in weeks, so it was sort of weird now that she was back.

"I'm off for a week," Vanessa announced to her boyfriend—boyfriend? Ex? It was all confusing.

"What'd you tell your boss?" Nathan asked her as they made their way over to the small island, them both sitting beside each other.

"That my mom was sick."

"Is she?"

She shook her head before intertwining her fingers together and setting them on the table. "Can we...you know..." Nathan furrowed his brow, not having any clue until she looked down at his crotch. "You know."

He laughed. "You want to have sex?"

"I've been having a bad week, okay?"