Long Time, No See.

Long Time, No See.

Chapter One.

"Whatever...Nerd." Jazz laughs, turning from me and slamming her locker door closed.,

"We prefer the term 'Intelectually Bad-Ass' ." I reply, making her laugh and roll her eyes.

"Are you ready, Babes?" She asks, looping her arm through mine. She starts to drag off in the direction of our first class of the semester.

"For school? Yes. For life? Nope." I say, making her roll her eyes; an annoying habit she has that I have yet to learn to love.

"Don't be such a smart ass." With that we start to walk faster until I feel something digging into my foot.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! Stop!" I shout, causing a few lingering people to stare at me. Stopping, I slip my converse off my foot and tip it, revealing the stone that has been bugging me for the past five minutes.

I slide my foot back into it before looking up at Jazz shyly. "Stone in my shoe."

"You are so weird." she mumbles, grabbing me again and dragging me along.

"And that's exactly why you love me." I quip with a shrug. She rolls her eyes, again before walking faster.

"What's the rush? We've got-" Looking down at my gummy watch on my wrist, I check the time. "Twelve minutes left until class starts."

Her grip on my arm tightens and she grins excitedly.

"One minute to get to class and ten for me to flirt with the new assistant teacher."

"New assistant teacher" I repeat. She stops and looks at me, her grin sliding from her face.

"Weren't you listening this morning when Daisy was telling us about her encounter with Mr. Matthews, the hot, new assistant teacher?"

"Um..." I trail, looking at her almost guiltily. Almost.

She sighs, rolls her eyes before carrying on, this time not dragging me along. I rush after her.

"Never mind, you'll see him in three- two- one." We come to a stop outside our new history class and she stares at the wooden door dreamily.

"Aren't you going to go inside." I tease, making her turn to glare at me. 

I put my hands up in surrender at her glare and back down. She turns to the door and puts a hand on the handle, waiting for a second.

"Any time today." I tease. I can nearly hear her eyes rolling in her head.

The door suddenly swings open revealing old man Kirk. Otherwise known as the history teacher, Mr.Kirk.

"Ah! Girls, it's a pleasure to have you in my class this year. I have heard many good things about you." He says politely, smiling away under those thick glasses.

"Um..." We both trail, trying to think of an excuse for being here early.

"I assume your here to introduce yourself to our new teacher, hmm?" He asks, his uneven eyebrows raised.

"Yeah- I mean, yes. That's what we came to do." Jazz smile.

"Good. Good. I am glad everyone is welcoming him very nicely. I must say, he sure is popular with the ladies..." He pauses, his eyes wondering. "A group of girls came to see him this morning. I'm quite sure that if they knew he would be teaching, they would have taken history this year. Shame, really." 

He smiles at us warmly before stepping out of the way of the door. I peek in, trying to get a sight of this wonderful new teacher but find no sign of him.

"I'm away to the office. Mr. Matthews is in the supply room, I will see you girls in five minutes." He chirps, walking away down the hallway in his odd shoes.

I turn to Jazz and see her staring after him, wide eyed.

"I've got a feeling I'm going to be liking history this year. Between the hot new assistant and the bubbly, a little freaky, Mr. Kirk." She mumbles. My eyes waver back over to the door that is starting to look inviting.

"Shall we?" I ask. She nods, looking a little nervous before stepping over the fresh hold.

I follow her, dumping my too heavy converse bag on the nearest desk and slumping down in the seat.

"Go on." I tell her, hooking my thumb over my shoulder to where the supplies room is.

"I can't." She freaks. I sigh and stand up, taking her by the arm and dragging her to the closet door, which is closed.

"Just go." I nudge her but she holds onto me.

"Will you come with me?" Doing her signature mark, I swing the door open to reveal a man, his back to us, reaching up for a box on the top shelf. I must say, if his face is as nice as his butt then I think we will be getting along well this semester.

His fingers grip the box and he heaves it down, the muscles under his shirt rippling.

He sighs, placing the box on the desk below him. Still with his back to us, he talks.

"What can I do you for ladies?" He asks, his fingers riffling through the contents of the box.

Nudging Jazz in the ribs she lets out a small gasp before regaining her composure.

"Umm... We just came here to- Um, introduce ourselves." She finally spits out.

He laughs lightly. "I'm sure you did." His voice is filled with sarcasm, a nice sound.

I look over at Jazz who is shaking slightly and I give her a reassuring nod. She takes in a light breath of air before continuing.

"My- My name is Jazz. Jazz Lacey." She introduces herself.

"That's a pretty name." He replies, his back still to us.

Who does he think he is? 

"Um...thanks." She whispers quietly, a small smile tugging on the corner of her lips.

"Your welcome." He still hasn't looked at us!

"Is the contents of that box so interesting that you cant be decent enough to look at us while we're trying to be polite?" I ask, a little harshly may I add.

I see the muscles in his back stiffen a little.

He sure doesn't take criticism well.

He slowly but surely turns towards me, a glare placed firmly on his face.

The first thing that springs to mind is how hot he looks in those slacks and shirt.

The second is that he looks familiar.

"Lucks?" Suddenly, the glare is gone and is replaced by a cheeky smile, a smile that used to haunt my dreams a lot, and not in a good way.

He sweeps me up in a hug, surprising me.

"Jason." I gasp. 

Low and behold my brother's best friend, Jason Matthews. A boy who used to tease me as a teen for my blemishes, who used to play pranks on me everyday, and who should be, by the way, in a college out of state with my brother.