And that's bad, considering he has a girlfriend.

Okay, it's not as horrible as it sounds, really. He's getting pretty big in the music industry, and for some stupid reason, his management thought it would be a good idea for him to get a girlfriend. The worst part is that he didn't even get to choose. Nate, his manager, has a close friend with a daughter. That's who Ruel got stuck with.

The girl is...pretty. But that's all she really has going for her. Which is why the last two months being with her have basically been like torture.

"Guess so." He chuckles, pushing the thoughts of her to the back of his mind. "What's your name?"

You were slightly surprised by his straightforwardness, but you answer anyways. "Y/N. What's yours?"

He found it adorable, the way you tilted your head slightly to the side with your eyebrows furrowed curiously. "Cute." He then holds his hand out in your direction. "I'm Ruel."

You don't hesitate to carefully shake his much larger hand. "Nice to meet you!"

Ruel reluctantly lets go of your hand, a sudden thought coming to his mind. "You look familiar. Have we met before?"

"I don't think so." You frown, as you try and remember any other time you might've seen this boy. You suddenly realize why he might think that. "I come here often though. Maybe you saw me?"

"Most likely. I don't think i'd miss a girl like you." He says, before he can really even think about it.

Your cheeks turn a light shade of pink, and you pray he doesn't notice. Meanwhile, Ruel can't believe he actually just said that. As you scan his soft features, unsure of what to say, your eyes light up when you spot the guitar pick connected to a chain around his neck.

As if it were an instinct, you step even closer than you already were, stand on your tippy toes, because he's that tall, and carefully grab it in order to see the details.

"You play?" You ask him quietly, flipping the small pick over.

You don't see how shocked Ruel is by your close proximity, but he doesn't mind. That's why he doesn't do anything to stop you.

"I do." He responds, keeping his eyes locked on yours. "You?" You quickly nod, and he's seems pleasantly surprised by this. "Really? For how long?"

"Since I was seven." You answer, finally pulling away to look up at him.

A small grin appears on his face. "Same." All of a sudden he appears nervous, as he runs his fingers through his hair. "Maybe we could play together some time?"

Your eyes slightly widen, since you weren't expecting that.

He takes the expression on your face as you being weirded out. "Sorry, I probably shouldn't have asked so soon. Pretend I never-"

"No!" You interrupt with a frown. "I mean, I-I think that would be really fun."

He raises his eyebrows in surprise. "Yeah?" You quickly nod. "Okay then, do you mind giving me your number? That way we can plan it out."

After you accept his phone that he had pulled out of his pocket, and put your number in with your contact name as "y/n :)", you send him a large smile. "I should probably go. My friend's waiting on me. Just text me and we can figure out a time and place."

"I will." He sticks his hands in the pockets of his hoodie, a content smile on his face, one almost as big as yours. "See you soon, okay?"

You nod, and with one last goodbye, you turn and head in the opposite direction.