................................................

"All right, Patrick Carter. He's a mid-level player according to Narcotics. All his priors are cocaine-related, so he must have just started pushing synthetic opioids" Jay said.

"Controls on legit oxy are getting tight, so this fake stuff, it's everywhere" Kim informed us.

"Yeah, and it's killing a lot of people, too" Kevin added.

"11 overdoses last month in that neighborhood" Hailey said.

"Hey, why don't I take a run at this guy, see if I can get him to flip up to his supplier" Antonio asked.

"It's too late. He lawyered up the second they brought him into interrogation. All right, let's dig into Carter's phone, digital footprint, known associates. See if we can ID who's supplying the pills" Voight said.

An hour or two later, Voight called us down to Antonio's apartment. Apparently, his daughter Eva had been kidnapped. I remember when I first started in Intelligence, the first case I had worked on was getting Antonio's youngest child, Diego, back from a kidnapper. I can't even imagine what it would be like having one child kidnapped, let alone two.

"So Antonio got a call from Eva at 1:24. Then the last call from Eva's phone was from the kidnapper at 2:21" I say.

"I called OCD Tech Lab and put an emergency ping on Eva's phone" Hailey said.

"I checked all the outside doors and windows. There's no sign of forced entry" Adam informed us.

"There's no sign of struggle outside the house either" Kevin added.

"That's because she never made it home. She always puts her backpack right here on the kitchen counter. It's not here" Antonio said.

"I mean, you sure it's not something to do with school? Maybe a boy from school" Adam asked.

"The guy on the phone said I made a mistake. That dealer, Paddy Carter? He wasn't supposed to get arrested. That's because I wasn't at that drug house to do a buy-bust" Antonio said.

"Antonio, what are you saying" I question.

Antonio sighed, and when he looked up, he stared me right in the eyes. "I was there to score Oxy for myself. I'm sorry, guys."

Back at the district, I distanced myself from everyone else and headed to the locker room. At the moment, I just wanted to be alone. However, that idea seemed impossible because Jay walked in seconds later.

"Hey. What's wrong" he asked.

"Nothing. I just kind of want to be alone right now" I say.

"Well, that's not happening. Come on, Yn. I can tell something's up. You avoided me the whole ride home from Antonio's apartment, and you haven't spoken to anyone else since we got to the district. What's up" Jay asked.

"It's just, after I was kidnapped by Yates, Antonio was one of the people who told me that if I needed anything, he was the person I could talk to. He wanted me to open up to him about what I had gone through, and I did. I told him everything. Now, the situation is reversed, and he's the one in danger, and he didn't say a single thing to me. I feel so blindsided. How is he going to have me talk about my problems when he won't even talk about his" I ask.

"Yn, he's addicted to opioids. That's not really something you want to share with your co-workers" Jay said.

"I was kidnapped and raped by a serial rapist, and yet I shared everything with you. I shared every single detail with you and Voight and the rest of the team. And as far as I'm concerned, being abducted and raped is way worse than being addicted to pain killers. Look, lets just forget about it" I say to Jay before leaving the locker room.