CH. 44 to 49

[Chapter Fourty-four]

I have all the free time in the world at work right now. I think I'm going to bring my switch tomorrow and trust my three guests to not rat me out.

During the long break, Sophia-sama would often come over to play, and occasionally Will-sama would join her. In addition, Lou would also come over to see Alto, and every once in a while he would end up bringing Rudolph with him. I invited Anri-sama over for tea, and the two of us had a fun time chatting as well. All in all, it was a fulfilling way to spend my time.

[Rose]: "Haa, and yet this fulfilling vacation has already reached its end....... I wrote El a letter, but I still haven't gotten one back......."

It's been years since I've last gotten to see El. In the end, we were only together for a couple months, but he really started to feel like family during that time. So it's only natural that I miss him.
I've tried visiting him so many times before, but at the end of every single one of his letters, he always writes, "Please wait until I visit you," and so I feel like I can't.

[Rose]: ".....'It's a new semester. I'll keep watching you always.' So it's going to continue on into this semester as well huh?"

[???]: "Roselia-chan?"

[Rose]: "!? .......Julius-sama"

I jumped when somebody suddenly called out to me from behind. Spinning around, I came face to face with Julius-sama's worried face.

[Julius]: "Is something wrong? You look pale and a little unwell."

[Rose]: "N-No. I'm fine really. Did you need me for something?"

[Julius]: "Oh, I just wanted to apologize for showing you such a pathetic scene the last time we talked. Here, I got you a new handkerchief."

Before my eyes was a handkerchief with an adorable flower embroidered in the middle of it.

[Rose]: "So cute! Even though you would have been fine with any old rag, thank you so much."

[Julius]: "I'm glad you like it. And thank you for listening to me. I felt refreshed, like a fog has cleared from my heart. I still can't forget about her, but when I see her with His Highness, it no longer hurts. I'm truly grateful to you. Also, if you ever find something troubling you, feel free to talk to me. Just say the word, and I'll do whatever it takes to help you."

Until now, I'm sure I was showing a dubious smile at best, but I can say that after this, I was able to give a smile from the bottom of my heart.

[Rose]: "Yes, I'll be sure to rely on you if something ever comes up. Thanks."

I gave him one more smile before turning around and separating from him.

[Julius]: "I'm trying to say you can rely on me~ She still has no faith......."

I left too quickly. Because of that, I had no idea what Julius-sama mumbled to himself while exchanging a look between my shoe rack and my back.

[Chapter Fourty-five]

So the author screwed up and accidentally skipped chapter 45. The story skips right from chapter 44 to 46. As such, each of my chapter titles will be one off from the original.

[???]: "U-Um........"

Turning to see who was talking, I found a plump schoolmate who I've never seen before.

[Rose]: "Did you need something?"

[???]: "R-R-Roselia-sama......I, I...."

[Rose]: "You know me, but I'm sorry to say I don't......."