[Rose]: "You have your schoolwork to manage, and there's still your queen education that you have to take care of. I know you can't solve every problem a girl brings to you, but when somebody walks up to me with tears in their eyes........I can't help but want to help......"

[Sophia]: "Fufufu, raise your head Rose-chan. Erina-sama has been sticking to Will-sama lately as well.......and there's no way I can allow her to keep sticking and clinging and hanging off of him like this. Clearly I need to take a moment to keep her in check."

[Rose]: ".......Right"

(I doubt that Erina will be scared off simply by a check. If it's her, she might just welcome the event and play at being the victim.......)

[Chapter Thirty-nine]

[Rudolph]: "Can I have a moment of your time Miss Roselia?"

The voice that called out to me belonged to one of Prince Eric's delightful friends, the son of the current knight commander. He has short, light cream colored hair and a sharp look in his eye that makes him look like he's always grumpy. But according to Julius-sama, he is still relatively popular among the girls, many of whom are just looking for an opportunity to talk to him.

[Rose]: "Oh, you must be the son of our knight commander......."

[Rudolph]: "My name is Rudolph. I know this is the first time we have ever spoken to one another. Do you have a moment to talk right now?"

[Rose]: "Yes, has something happened Rudolph-sama?"

[Rudolph]: "......actually, I was hoping to consult with you about Miss Erina and Alex."

(Another consultation.......and once again about Erina too.)

[Rose]: "Alex-sama is the next prime minister correct?"

[Rudolph]: "Yes, and Alex is enamored with Miss Erina. So much so that he is willing to listen to whatever request she makes of him and often acts immediately on those requests.......and just the other day, Miss Erina informed Alex about another girl who had issued to her a warning. She also claims that the main culprits behind this incident are Roselia-sama and Sophia-sama."

[Rose]: "Eh?"

[Rudolph]: "......she told Alex that the girl had issued a warning to her on Roselia-sama and Sophia-sama's orders. That is why Alex will most likely try to make contact with you and Sophia-sama soon. I doubt Alex would try anything, but I still wanted to warn Roselia-sama all the same."

[Rose]: "Yes.....neither Sophia-sama nor I have done anything of the sort. Although there have been several girls who have come to consult with us."

[Rudolph]: "Oh no, I never meant to imply that you and Sophia-sama had. I told them both as much, but they refused to listen to me. That is why I was hoping you and Sophia-sama would talk to your guards........."

[Rose]: "Oh yeah, you're Prince Eric's guard aren't you?"

[Rudolph]: "Yes, His Majesty and Prince William asked me to......so I am sorry I cannot be of more use to you."

[Rose]: "Huh? T-There's no need to apologize!! Sophia-sama is Prince William's fiancee, so she'll have her own guards, and I'll be just fine.......probably."

[Rudolph]: "Be careful not to be on your own as much as possible."

[Rose]: "Yes, I understand. Thank you for worrying about me."

[Rudolph]: "No! It is vexing that I am unable to protect you directly.......and as selfish as it may sound, I am glad I was able to speak with Roselia-sama like this."