4. Rolling Girl

*Still Kokichi's pov*

She sighed and opened her mouth.
"I always was made fun of. First it was because I was the weird girl that really liked boys and then it was because I watch anime. My dad has always tried to help to the point my family thought he favored me over my sister. My parents have been divorced for as long as I can remember. I lived with my mom and sister in a small town I lived my hole life and would go to my dad's in the city on the weekends. Both my parents we're nice though. My dad would take us to amusment parks, the zoo, swimming and my mom just strick but still nice.
My dad soon found a girl who he became serious with years later and she was pregnant. My dad moved to the town to be closer to us. My half brother was born as I was in middle school.
One year my school took us instead of a proper field trip we went to a suicide prevention concert and after the concert, the bus ride back to school I snapped I just wanted to kill myself. It wasn't long before I took pencils and would try and scratch my skin off, I then tried protractors and eventually I took apart a pencil sharpener and used the blade.

One day I was really upset and instead of keeping the thoughts bottled up in my head I cut myself probably the most I had because it was still scary for me. I wrote my feelings down and left it on my desk thinking that if my dad went into my room he'd think it was a drawing from the distance but no he found it. I didn't want him to but didn't think to hide it.
One night I was on the couch almost asleep when my dad came home and checked my wrists where I had cut earlier because I was neglected by my friends.
One thing led to another and I just stopped hurting myself. I'd read and write fanfiction to deal with those emotions but when you get yelled at weekly for not being what your parents wanted it gets to you. With my easy to take apart pencil sharpeners gone I started choking myself. I wasn't what my mom wanted, I 'picked' on my brother to the point he hates me, my sister always would hurt me, my step mom used fight me, my dad would guilt trip and minipulate me and my baby sister I avoided because I don't like my dad's house." She said crying by the end.
I didn't waste a second to hug her and try and make her feel better.
"Telling my mom I don't know always made it worse." She cried.
"She's gone you won't be hurt by your family again." I promised
"I don't want to be here. What's the point of living if pain is never ending?" She asked.
I knew those words they were from Rolling Girl. (the English version)
"You will roll again today I know for sure." I mumbled u to her ear.
"I hate being alone." She cried.
"I'm here and you'll never be alone again."

It's been a while since that day and y/n seemed to be getting better. She talked to more people, laughed and overall was just happier.

"Hey y/n were having a party want to come?" Kaito asked.
"Can Kokichi come?" y/n asked.
"No-"
"Yes he can." Shuichi said cutting Maki off.
"Kokichi can we go?" She asked.
"You don't need to ask me but sure." I smiled.