Chapter 1.

It was another normal day for the raven, his eyes fluttering open at the bright rays of sunshine beaming through his window

It was another normal day for the raven, his eyes fluttering open at the bright rays of sunshine beaming through his window. He let out a small grown, not quite ready to start his day, however, being the goody two shoes he is, Jungkook definitely wasn't in the mood to be late to school either.

It didn't take long for him to finally get out of the covers, mumbling a few curses here and there before carrying out with his usual morning routine, getting up, hopping in the shower, going down for breakfast and then finally heading to school. See? Doesn't sound anything but an average high schooler.

Jungkook now stood in front of his locker, focused on getting the books he needed for his upcoming class. "Hey kook." His head perks up at the nickname, immediately recognising the voice.

"Goodmorning Taehyung." He mumbled as he turned around to face the latter, his lips curving up in a natural smile seeing him.

The younger of the two couldn't bring himself to tear his gaze away from Taehyung's long brunette curly locks falling perfectly over his dazzling honey brown eyes. His perfect toothy box smile plastered on his cherry plump lips and his classic jean jacket.

Art. Jungkook saw him as a piece of art, a gem that he could only admire from afar yet never possess.

Snapping out of his train of thoughts when a certain guy touched his shoulder, Jungkook blinked. His cheeks heating up almost immediately, realising he'd been caught staring for too long. Taehyung on the other hand didn't pay much mind to it, Jungkook was a quite little kid, zoning out at the most random times. So safe to say, it was somewhat normal for Taehyung to catch him in his little trances.

What the elder didn't know was that all his daydreams were about him and him only.

With red cheeks and a flushed face, Jungkook blinked and gave the latter a shy smile, "Sorry about that. I zoned out thinking about the tes-" Taehyung only chuckled, shushing the male.

"I know, dumbass. We should get to class soon though," He paused midway through his sentence, his mouth stuck agape. He just stood there, staring at Jungkook with literal heart eyes.

Of course jungkook's cheeks heated up.

'Is he staring at me?'

The thought of Taehyung giving him a look of pure admiration made his stomach flood with butterflies, a bright smile immediately curving up on his lips.

That was until.. he noticed the elder's gaze. The way his eyes were darted.. He was staring just past Jungkook's shoulder. Raising a brow in confusion, Jungkook swiftly turned around, his gaze following Taehyung's.

His smile dropped.

Jungkook's eyes landed on heather. The new transfer student to their school. His eyes that once sparkled with love now darkened to a bitter sadness. Oh what a fool he was, to think Taehyung would ever admire him the way he does her.

He can't compete. He can never compete to her. That absolute witch-

Jungkook shook his head as immediate guilt filled his heart. He didn't even have the fucking guts to think bad about the angel in front of him.

By now he had long forgotten Taehyung as he was far more focused on envying heather's luscious long blond hair that perfectly fell upon her shoulders. Her clover green eyes and how they glimmered as the sparse ray of sunlight hit them, flaring her angelic aura. Her plump lips and rosy cheeks gleamed with delicacy. Her pale skin and her beautiful smile. Gorgeous. She was the epitome of what any man would want, including Taehyung.

Jungkook didn't notice his eyes starting to well up with tears until he felt one run down his cheek. He was quick to use his soft sweater paw to wipe it clean, turning to look back at Taehyung with a bitter smile.

Taehyung however, didn't notice. Of course he didn't, he was too mesmerised by her beauty to even spare Jungkook a glance.

The younger sighed, building up the courage to shyly snap his fingers in front of Taehyung. The said one fluttered his brows, his ears heating up. "Uhm, so the class.."

Taehyung hastily nodded, it was clear the younger still didn't have his full attention. He never will.

And so the two boys walked to their chemistry class, the elder one having his arm wrapped around the other. Taehyung never payed much mind to skin ship like this with Jungkook, to him he was just getting comfortable and affectionate with his bestfriend, platonically of course.

Not knowing how each touch from him made Jungkook's heart race like crazy.