"So what does that mean?"

"It means the hunter that did this has hunted vampires before. If it was an amateur, it would look like a kindergartner's art project."

"So uneven?" Sherlock asks, trying to follow your train of thought.

"Yup." Sherlock looks rather intrigued. "Now here's the thing most hunters are careful enough to depose all of the bodies and the heads... this hunter missed a head."

🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝

You, Sherlock and John, are at Scotland Yard following Lestrade to his office. "You like the funny cases, don't you?" Lestrade asks. "The surprising ones."

"Obviously." Sherlock answers with a monotone voice, but you can see it in his eyes- his interest has been piqued.

"You'll love this. That explosion..." Donovan walks by causing Sherlock to throw her a dirty look.

"Gas leak right?" Sherlock asks looking back at Lestrade.

"No." The three of you look surprised at the detective's response. Lestrade opens the door to his office. Inviting the three of you in.

"No?"

"No, made to look like one."

"What?" John splutters. Lestrade gestures to the envelope on his desk. It has Sherlock's name handwritten on it.

"Hardly anything left of the place except a strong box – a very strong box – and inside it was this." Lestrade explains.

"You haven't opened it?" Sherlock inquires.

"It's addressed to you, isn't it?" Sherlock reaches for the envelope then hesitates. "We've X-rayed it. It's not booby-trapped."

"How reassuring." Sherlock then picks it up and studies it. "Nice stationery. Bohemian." Lestrade asks for clarification. "From the Czech Republic. No fingerprints?"

"No." Lestrade replies. Sherlock doesn't respond for a moment because he is studying the handwriting on the envelope .

"She used a fountain pen. A Parker Duofold – iridium nib."

"Deduce that from the cursive?" You ask. Sherlock chooses to ignore you. Sherlock then opens the envelope to find an exact replica of the phone from the woman in the pink case. Lestrade refers to that case as the study in pink. "The what now?"

"You haven't read John's blog?" Lestrade questions, sounding surprised. You arch an eyebrow.

"I didn't even know John had a blog."

🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝

You find out that the sneakers Sherlock found in 221c (Mrs. Hudson's basement) belonged to a person named Carl Powers- Sherlock's very first case.

"Nineteen eighty-nine, a young kid – a champion swimmer – came up from Brighton for a school sports tournament; drowned in the pool. Tragic accident." Sherlock says showing you and John an old newspaper headline on his phone. "You wouldn't remember it. Why should you?"

"But you do..." You comment. Sherlock nods. "So there wasn't anything suspicious about it then?"

"Nobody thought so – nobody except me. I was only a kid myself. I read about it in the papers."

"Started young, didn't you?" John jokes. Sherlock ignores his comment.

"The boy, Carl Powers, had some kind of fit in the water, but by the time they got him out it was too late. But there was something wrong; something I couldn't get out of my head."