"It's all sorts of complicated." Katie lets out an exasperated sigh. She then says that Dean just came back from a supply run and that she'll call you back. "Talk to you later then sis."

"Later (nickname.)" With that, your sister hangs up. You sigh and set your phone down on the coffee table. You pull the blanket tighter around your shoulders trying to retain warmth without a lot of luck.

"Aren't you going to get out of those clothes?" John questions sounding concerned.

"I would if everything else wasn't wet." You reply. John grabs a cane and gets out of the chair. He limps away leaving you in confusion. When he comes back he tosses a change of clothes at you.

"Put those on for now, the toilet is down the hall to left."

🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝

24 hours after you move in with John and Sherlock, John warns you about Sherlock's brother, Mycroft, and how he would offer you money to spy on Sherlock. "I suggest you say no, no matter how much he offers." John tells you.

"Who would actually spy on someone for money?" You ask in response. "No matter how tempting it is."

"Believe it or not, a lot of people do."

A few hours after talking to John, sure enough, Mycroft takes you to a remote location and offers you a decent sum of money- enough to get you through a full year of school and then some. "I appreciate the offer, but I don't think that I would be a very good informant. I've never been able to keep a secret... knowing my luck I might let something slip and then I wouldn't have any place to stay. I can't afford anywhere else." You explain, stretching the truth a bit. Mycroft nods and has his people take you back to Baker Street.

"Where'd you go?" Sherlock asks when you get to the flat. You take off your coat and hang it up. 

"Some out of the way warehouse to talk to your brother." You answer.

"Did he offer you money to spy on me?"

"Yes. I didn't take it though."

"Pity we could've split the fee." You don't respond. Instead, you head to your room and grab your laptop and walk back out and sit down at the table. You open the computer and turn it on, it's going to take a while to boot. Like everything else you own; your laptop had another owner- and that previous owner (aka Sam) forgot to mention that he used up almost all of the memory.

You groan in annoyance when you get an error message. "Computer problems?" John asks.

"Unfortunately. I don't know what my brother did to it, nor do I know how to fix it."

"If you really need to use a computer, I can lend you mine... all I ask is that you don't go snooping through my files and personal documents."

"Thank you, John. Why would I go through your information?"

"I'm not sure but I was just letting you know." You lightly laugh. The two of you chat for a little bit, getting to know each other a little better. You find out that he used to be an army doctor.

"Well that explains why you threw a dry change of clothes at me yesterday." John chuckles in response as a man runs up the stairs. John notices him first, however, Sherlock is the first one to speak.

"Where?" He asks.

"Brixton, Lauriston Gardens." The new arrival replies.

"What's new about this one? You wouldn't have come to get me if there wasn't something different."

"You know how they never leave notes?"

"Yeah."

"This one did. Will you come?"