III

THREE YEARS LATER

I was running in the hallways of the castle, holding my dress so I wouldn't trip on it and fall to the ground. I was running after my little sister, Mary. Trying to catch her so we could go. Everything was ready, except Mary, like usual. I turned to a corner and grabbed her before trowing her in the air, making her laugh.

« You are such a fast runner, Mary. » I said laughing « You had me sweating. »

She kept laughing and I heard my mother calling us from afar.

« Mary, Grace, we have to go now. » she said « Lizzie, hold your little sister's hand would you ? » I could hear the two little girls laughing when I turned to the corner, Mary in my arms « Oh here you are. »

« Little Mary wanted to escape, Mother. » I started tickling my little sister « But I got her just in time. »

On the road, Lizzie and Mary made us stop every 2 minutes because they wanted to pee again and again and again. Mother had this gift of never losing patience with her children and I still didn't know how she was doing that. I guess you get it when you have children of your own.

« We shall never get there if we must stop every three minutes, girls. » said Mother

« Where's Father ? » asked Lizzie

« I told you, he's traveling his kingdom. » I answered for the fifth time already « We're riding to join him. »

At the same moment, we heard horses and I gave Cecily to one of aunts and got close to my mother in case of any danger.

« Elizabeth. » said a male voice

I instantly recognized my grandfather's voice « Father ! » exclaimed my mother, as surprised as I was « What are you doing here ? »

« We are to ride with you. » he answered getting closer to us. He was with my uncles « There is a rebellion, a Robin of Redesdale. »

« That's a fanciful name for some petty rebel, Grandfather. » I said laughing a bit

My mother joined me « Edward will stamp it all out in a heartbeat. »

« Someone is paying the men, Elizabeth. » resumed John « They have strong, new boots and this is Warwick's country. »

« Warwick ? What threat is Warwick to us now ? » asked Mother

« This is no joke, Elizabeth. » said Anthony, serious « It is certain. There are thousands of men-in-arms under Warwick's orders. »

I rolled my eyes « He is king-making again. »

After what felt like hours riding to the small castle the King was at. We arrived and I was exhausted by our travel. My two younger brothers greeted us. I haven't seen them in a while, they grown up, taller than I was now. Thomas hugged me and made me fly in the air, making me laugh while doing so. The King approach and kissed my mother, I bowed, giving him a genuine smile, smile that he returned.