Chapter 1 - The Dragon

Deathless looked out in the crackling sunset, the wind waivering through his rustling, dark hair. Jace stood besides him, the two enemies by his own concensus but a team to save Rana. The wails echoed through the cupcake valley, as Rana strugglesd under the whim of the cupcakes. Deathless raised the muffin kingdom flag and unsheathed his blade, as jace blew the muffin war horn. From the towering cliff, a massive legion of muffin warriors flooded into the expansive chasm that was cupcake valley and Rana stopped wailing, for the battle was already won.

Deathless jumped down and plunged to the bottom of the valley, where he landed soundlessly and wordlessly, Jace continued afterwords. The cupcakes, once allies of the muffins, were corrupted by healthy moms who infused them with broccoli. The battle raged on, flinging dust and gore through the valley in a rushing haze. Jace drew the blighted spear from his back and spun it around to his front guard, and with the other hand, he drew his shield. With the fury of a billion muffin warlord suns, Jace rushed into the warfront and slaughtered through the ranks of cupcakes and broccoli infested illness.

Deathless outstretched his hand into the air and called upon the power of the muffin lightning, struck in blue passion and unprecedented wrath. And with a slash of his muffin infused blade, he decimated the valley, spawning a stretched chasm that devoured the armies of cupcakes. Jace had destroyed several legions by then, and advanced the muffins several leagues, and Rana was in reach. Suddenly, from the cracked and crumbled brittle earth, a great dragon of cupcakes emerged.

The valley was in shambles at the shear wing-spread of such a massive beast. And with a thousand suns burning in its eyes, it breathed out a sick, twisted haze of brocolli death, followed by a torrented, tempestous wave of flames and incineration. Jace pulled his shield to cover himself, struggling to stand his ground. Deathless evaded the attack only barely with the last of his breath. But a spark of tainted breath, had Deathless inhaled, and without warning, he fell to the ground, motionless. Jace clenched his teeth as the wave of fire continued to ravage the land, unable to save his companion. And finally after what seemed like an eternity, the flames stopped.

Jace tightened his grip, as his spear began to glow, pulsing and overflowing with muffin power, and in one soundless thrust, the spear was flung and impaled, straight through the dragon's head. The dragon flailed uncontrollably, its limbs, tail, and wings crumbling and destroying the cliffs and mountains themselves. Deathless struggled to pull himself up, empowered and slowly healing with the power of muffins, but his time was limited... This needed to end, and soon....

Jace drew back his arm once again, charging pure energy and power in his hand as an orb of incandescence pulsated in his palm. Deathless absorbed more lightning, condensing it into a sharp orb, as jace had done. In a final flash of light and hope, veiled under the blinding dust and smoke of the shattered valley, the two released the condensed power. A blinding rush of light destroyed the valley and several realms over, piercing deep into the screeching fabric of time itself. The light faded, and all that was left was a gargantuan crater. Ash and soot fell slowly from the heavens, the dragon was no more, and the cupcake army was flung into oblivion. The muffins pulled themselves from the rubble, their quest was successful. Deathless lost his balance and faded, but not in vain, Jace rushed to return Rana away from the valley back to the muffin kingdom as Deathless let his life fade away...