The tables attention were now back to S/n, who sat across the table fron Y/n.

"Go on." their dad said, and their nosy auntie nodded.

"Kuroo and I... um... we started dating." S/n announces and Kuroo stands up.

The table stayed quiet.

"Ooh. Shocker." Y/n sarcastically muttered, earning giggles from her other cousins, who didn't exactly like her sister very much.

After all, Y/n wasn't the only one constantly getting compared to the "perfect child" in front of them.

She wasn't alone tonight.

She didn't feel very hurt, breaking up with Kuroo made her feel a bit... better, even.

It felt like she didn't have to constantly worry about Kuroo leaving her.

Because he already did, like he was even there in the first place.

"Congratulations, wouldn't say I'm surprised though." her mother smiled with approval as she took a sip of water.

"How long have you been dating?" her nosy aunt asked, her red lipstick stained her glass as she put it down.

"We've been dating for three months." S/n replied happily while gripping Kuroo's hand.

Kuroo looked at Y/n, who had a bitterly suspicious smile plastered across her face.

Three months? We broke up two weeks ago.

"You've kept this hidden for three months? I'm surprised S/n hasn't called me and blabbed about it. She always tells me first." her older cousin blabbed.

Surprised she hasn't blabbed about it either. Now I feel like Sherlock.

Kuroo smiled and looked at S/n as Y/n watched.

Some of their cousins rolled their eyes at the sight.

Her little cousin made a gag gesture, causing Y/n to giggle.

Dinner went on as their relatives asked S/n more details about her relationship with Kuroo.

Kuroo kept looking at Y/n, who looked very disinterested.

Y/n was going through the stages of grief. She's been on the denial stage for the past two weeks.

She refused to believe that she needed Kuroo, because she didn't. That's what she thought.

"So, Y/n. You just graduated, right?" her slightly less nosy and a little more tolerable aunt asked her.

"Uh, yeah." she answered awkwardly, stuffing her face with another spoon of ice cream.

"Where do you plan on going?" her aunt asked.

"I just got my letters actually." she said, smiling a bit to herself.

"Letters...?" they asked.

"Uhh, the Ivies?" she answered and the whole tables attention shifted to her.

"I'm still deciding on which school I'm going to."

Kuroo looked at her in shock. She never mentioned going abroad. All he knew was that she got into good universities.

"Which school are you considering?" her other cousin who was the same age as her asked, he went to Stanford.

"I'm considering Yale or Princeton." she answered calmly.

She could've picked a university near Tokyo or in Tokyo, but no.

She wanted to get away as far as possible.

She needed to get away as far as possible.

"When are you leaving again?" her father asks.

"Three days." she answers, taking her spoon and gliding it across her ice cream.

But some part of her kept thinking, did Kuroo ever really love her?

Or did he stop the moment he met S/n?

Does it not bother him that he was hurting her by making her watch him move on?

Does he feel any guilt?

She sure hoped he did.

...

Y/n felt her phone vibrate from the other side of the bed.

"New message" it lit up.

Unknown Number
We need to talk.

Y/n
Who is this?

Unknown Number
This is Kuroo.

Y/n
We have nothing to talk about.

She deleted his number from her phone just two days after they broke up.

Everyday seemed to get a bit easier and tolerable.

She had to leave Japan tomorrow, and she was glad.

She needs a new start.

And to do that, she needed to forget.

Forget about what happened in Japan and leave it behind like what it deserved.