"hurry up already" i watched him collect the cards and nearly add them into his pile

"yes ma'am." he snickers, and places down a card, starting a new pile.

king of spades

i roll my eyes, "a royal right off the bat huh?"

six of hearts

jack of diamonds

my eyes glimmer at the sight of the precious card, i wink at shinsou, "go ahead wonder boy" he places down a card, tension growing in the air

nine of clubs

triumphantly, i grab the slim pile off of the bed. "why are you so happy? you got two more cards."

"ah ah ahh but i also have obtained a very important piece of information. i have one of the four jacks."

he rolled his eyes, "you have one good card that is now at the bottom."

i placed down a card to start the next pile. "that, my dear shinsou, is where you're wrong. you've clearly never played the informational side of this game. let's see which side wins, shall we?"

"less talking more playing, huh (l/n)?"

the round continued, card after card, hoping to get another royal to stay alive. until, we were building quite a large pile between us. i place down a card and we go back and forth.

king of spades

two of diamonds

ace of hearts

queen of clubs

king of diamonds

three of clubs

seven of clubs

queen of diamonds

by now, the tension was even higher than before. whoever won this pile would basically win the entire game. each card placed down had such a heavy meaning and could change the fate of the game. also, without either of us noticing, we had huddled closer, practically leaning over the pile in anticipation and anxiety.

ten of hearts

jack of spades

jack of hearts

we both scrambled to smack the deck as fast as humanly possible. a satisfying loud sound of our hands colliding onto the cards filled the room. last time we both slapped, i lost. this time....

"agfifhjd hah must suck to suck huh shinsou?" i happily bounced on my bed, covering my mouth and face to try and muffle my excitement. a wide smile spread on my face, and i finally lowered my hand, having successfully prevented a fit of giggles.

shinsou put his cards down in his lap in defeat. he sighed, and leaned back on his hands and looked over to me.

third person pov - 1:41 am

after watching the estatic girl muffle her laughter and sit with a wide smile of pure excitement, shinsou couldn't help but stare.

'she's beautiful... how did i miss it before?' shinsou thought, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink, but unnoticed by (l/n). instead of being upset or a sore loser, he basked in the joy that overwhelmed (l/n) and knew he wouldn't forget this moment.

(y/n)'s pov

"okay okay, let's keep it going. don't forget our little bet at the beginning huh?" i flipped down a new card, starting up another round. by now, the odds were leaning heavily in my favor. almost 75% of the deck was in my hands, but i was never one to get too cocky without knowing things were definite.

"alright, alright, calm down. it's not over til it's over."

we go back and forth for a bit, until shinsou's down to his last three cards. i place down a card.

ace of spades

five of hearts

ten of clubs

five of diamonds

before he realizes the sandwich before him, his last chance at survival, i smack the deck with my eyes glimmering with success. he looks up, flabbergasted at how i reacted so fast. "how'd you know it was a sandwich so fast?"

"tsk tsk tsk poor shinsou. the information side of egyptian war never rests." i wagged my finger, taunting the purple boy in front of me.

he grabbed my finger in his fist, "one more round?"

i smirked, "sure, but don't think i forgot about you owing me now huh?"

he lightly lets go of my finger and grabs the cards from my hands and starts shuffling the cards neatly. "i would never. let's go (l/n)."

"i'll beat you again shinsou."

word count : 1300
a/n - this makes me so happy that's all, i hope u enjoyed! like and comment 💕