three

━━━─── • ───━━━

The One With the Sonogram at the End

━━━─── • ───━━━

"What you guys don't understand is, for us, kissing is as important as any part of it," Monica explained, sitting on the far end of the couch. Rachel, Samantha, and Phoebe all sat around her nodding along. While the three boys sat across from them.

"Yeah, right!" Joey scoffed. "Y'serious?" He looked to Samantha for confirmation.

"Oh, yeah!"

"Everything you need to know is in that first kiss," Rachel clarified.

"Mhmm, and everything you don't need to know," Samantha added on smiling cheekily.

"Absolutely."

"Yeah, I think for us, kissing is pretty much like an opening act, y'know?" Chandler began to speak and Samantha rolled her eyes, already aware of what was coming. "I mean it's like the stand-up comedian you have to sit through before Pink Floyd comes out."

"Yeah, and-and it's not that we don't like the comedian, it's that-that... that's not why we bought the ticket," Ross added on.

"The problem is, though, after the concert's over, no matter how great the show was, you girls are always looking for the comedian again, y'know?" Chandler waved his hands around as he continued explaining. "I mean, we're in the car, we're fighting traffic... basically just trying to stay awake."

"Yeah, well, word of advice," Rachel started. "Bring back the comedian. Otherwise next time you're gonna find yourself sitting at home, listening to that album alone." As she finished she high fived Monica.

"Are we still talking about sex?" Joey asked tapping  Ross's leg for an answer.

Catching this from across the room Samantha spoke up, "Yeah Joe, we are."

━━━─── • ───━━━

"Ha, it looks like she didn't leave in such a hurry after all."

"Oh, I think this is the episode of Three's Company where there's some kind of misunderstanding." Samantha, Chandler, Phoebe, and Joey sat around the tv watching Three's Company as Monica prepared for her parents visit.

"Then I've already seen this one!" Phoebe said as she reached for the remote to then the tv off.

"To be fair, I've already seen it too," Samantha turned to Chandler and shrugged.