Keep looking

Newt!?" You yelled. "Why the hell did you do that?!" His facial expression only grew stronger. "I'm not leaving you" he said. "You can't be out here alone. Do you have any idea what grievers do?!" You started to feel embarrassed. "I don't need protecting." You said, "whatever let's go find Thomas and Minho" you and newt were running as fast as you could. The griever noises were getting closer. And it seemed as if wherever Thomas was, you were getting split farther apart. You couldn't help but notice Newts limp. What had happened to him? Your thoughts were focused on newt. Whatever. You needed to find Thomas now.

"Where do you think they are?" You asked. "Thomas and Minho..." Newts voice cracked as he spoke firmly, "is he the only person you care about y/n?!" His tone got even sharper, "do any of the things I said to you matter? I told you I love you and you were still going after Thomas!" His eyes started watering. How could he love you? He knows nothing about you! There was something different about Thomas! Something seemed obvious. Like you and Thomas had known each other before the maze. "Newt, it's hard for me to be here in the glade and have a relationship. We're supposed to be focused on getting out of the maze not on love." You said. Being seperated from Thomas for so long made you feel empty inside. Newt actually did make you feel complete at the moment. Maybe you did like Newt.

Newt was going on and on about how sorry he was for yelling at you, and how embarrassed he was that he'd acted so immaturely. You wanted to make him happy. He was only showing his affection for you. The grievers sounded farther away by now. So you made a decision. "Newt," you said, stopping his blabbering. "Stop running" he stopped running and walked closer to you. "Is something wro.." You cut off his sentence with a kiss. Wrapping your hands around his neck, he pushed you towards the wall. Having balanced himself now, he hugged your waist. You felt confused. "Why did you do that?!" You thought to yourself. You were committed to Thomas. You stopped the kissing. "Sorry newt, I think we should keep going" you said. He couldn't stop smiling. "It's alright" he said "let's go." There was still no sign of the boys. "STOP" you looked at newt as if he had said something. "STOP" you heard it again. "Y/N, STOP RUNNING!" Nobody was talking out loud. But you knew that voice from anywhere. It was Thomas.

The voice was coming from your mind. It was almost like some type of weird telepathy thing. "Thomas?" You tried talking back to him several times. But it didn't seem to go through. He had told you to stop running but you didn't listen. You needed to find them. "Thomas where are you?!" You screamed out loud. Nothing. Just grievers. "Stop!" The voice said again. This time you listened. Stopping Newt with you. You heard something like knives stabbing concrete. And rolling. The swish of air, as something heaving rolled. "Grievers." Newt said. "We have to hide." Running to the wall, you and newt crawled into the thick vines. Hiding your whole body. Hopefully this should hide you for the remaining hour until the doors opened. "Thomas??!" You said, trying To send a telepathic message back to him. Moments of silence had passed. "Y/N?!" Thomas's voice said in return. "Are you okay?!" You took a small sigh of relief. "He was alright" you thought to yourself. "Yes! I'm fine!" You replied. "Where are you?!" You could tell that your voice was filled with concern. "I'm fine." Thomas said. "Don't worry about me, protect yourself. I will see you in the morning." He never answered your question. "Thomas?!" No reply. "you better stay shuckin safe" you said. He finally replied, "You Too"