prologue

prolouge

prolouge

In a muggle clinic, hidden away somewhere in a small South London town a loud shriek sounded. Loud enough to make the doctor wince as he stood at the feet of Molan Seung's hospital bed, where her legs lay wide open.

Her mother stood beside her, hands grasped tightly as she screamed again.

"Very good Ms. Seung. You are doing very well."

Molan gasped, "No, please... No more."

"Just a few more pushes."

"No... Please... It hurts, I can't." She panted, a fresh bout of tears breaking free as pain shot up and down her body.

And like many times in the past 9 months, she cursed Vance Parkinson. For the drink he had handed her at Slughorn's party and for the night she could not remember no matter how hard she may try. For the baby that was now ripping her apart, the baby she hadn't wanted.

Another scream ripped out of her body, bursting a lightbulb from the room, everyone but Molan flinched as her screams continued.

"Nurse Jen, if you could come assist me."

"What? What's happening." Mrs. Seung asked.

"Nothing to worry about ma'am... Nurse Jen." But the urgency in the doctor's voice told Molan and her mother otherwise.

Before they could ask however, Molan screamed again. Loud and high pitched, her body arched off the bed as she squeezed her mother's hand.

"Omma {mom}, listen to me." She panted, pulling her mother close until her lips were near her ear. "You can't let him take her. Budi {please}, whatever happens to me. Don't let him take her."

Her mother pet at her sweaty forehead, pushing the wet hair back. "Yeobo {honey}, nothing will happen. I promise you."

Molan grunted in pain but kept her mother close, "Ani {no}! Promise me, budi! No one will take her, budi!"

She waited until her mother responded, "I promise," before pulling away, throwing her head back against the pillows.

"Alright, Ms. Seung. One more push and you're done."

Molan whimpered but gave a nod, gripping at her mother's hand she felt her body push against the weight in her pelvic. She screamed again, louder than ever until the pressure was gone and she felt her body loosen again.

She gasped and slumped back into the mattress, hand going limp in her mother's as she heard a cry.

She opened her eyes, looking at an orange lump wrapped in light blue held by nurse Jen. The crying grew louder and Molan felt herself crying with the baby.

"Can I see her," She panted, "Please."

Nurse Jen nodded, walking towards the bedside and turning her shoulders so that Molan could peek past the blue and see a squished little face.