━ CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Comincia dall'inizio

Remus frowned. There was Regulus' name again. "Can I see?"

Thea's cheeks flushed and she hesitantly nodded. Raising her hands on to the table, she adjusted herself in her seat to hide them from everybody else's view.

 Raising her hands on to the table, she adjusted herself in her seat to hide them from everybody else's view

Remus stared at them for a momemt, taking in the dried blood and the sensitive skin.

Using his own, much larger and much more scarred hand, he gently held her's and ran his thumb over it. His lycanthropic senses went into over drive at the sight and smell of her blood, and he forced himself to take a few deep breaths.

What kind of person could do this to her?

It both baffled and infuriated the teen that anyone could hurt someone as sweet and caring as Thea. Sophie, Andrea... and now her grandmother? What did they know that made it so easy for them to do such a thing?

He wasn't sure there was anything they could know that would excuse this behaviour. Evil, that was Remus' conclusion, pure evil. He used to think the creature that bit him was evil, or that he himself was, but looking at her wounded knuckles, he had no choice but to alter that theory.

Behind them, Sirius and Peter were kneeling on their seats and gaping at the sight. Remus, their Remus, was lovingly caressing a girls hand? And not just any girls hand, it was Thea's!

They quickly tapped on James' shoulder and gestured at the two, he stood and peered over their shoulders before stilling. What the hell?

Thea, however, was in a league of her own when it came to surprise. Her entire face had flushed bright pink and she had no idea where to look. Arroyo caught her eye and did a small jiggle in his seat before winking at her.

That didn't help.

At long last, Slughorn entered the room ten minutes late. He called for their attention and began the lesson. Remus let go of Thea's hand to focus and she quickly hid it under the table.

She too attenpted to focus, but found that damn near impossible when Remus' hand insisted on brushing against hers. Thea was half tempted to call the boy out, while the other half desperately wanted to entwine the hands and have six babies with the boy.

Perhaps Remus had heard her desperate thoughts, because two minutes later his index finger hesitantly found it's way around her's. It was followed by his middle finger, before he took the small leap of faith and entwined them fully.

A small, giddy grin graced her lips.

And dammit if it wasn't the most beautiful thing Remus had ever seen.