━ CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Start from the beginning

"And Alex brought a bird home," Sirius continued, "Hayley Vane, Andrea's sister, we didn't talk to her but she seemed decent."

"I'll tell you who wasn't decent, Constance,"

Scowls donned the boys faces with half a second.

Peter frowned, "Who's that?"

"Her grandmother, she's so bad that Thea admitted she wanted to 'impale' her,"

"What'd she do?"

"Grindelwald supporter, remember?" James caught the snitch, "And apparently sexist too. She made Thea wear a ruler down the back of her shirt so she'd walk straight and slapped her hands with it. The backs of her hands were covered in blood when we got there,"

Remus stilled, "What?"

"And her parents couldn't do anything because Constance was 'on her last legs anyway',"

No more was said as Remus fell silent, his whirring.

Plot twist.

***

A small explosion came from the chess board in front of them and Thea stuck out her bottom lip, "I'm sorry," She whispered to her knight.

The wooden piece gave her a small salute.

Arroyo smirked, "I win. Again. It's nice to win for once, all my friend's are too good at everything. Correction- I have one friend. And she's a right witch,"

The conversation was brought to an end as the bell rang and students began to file into the potions room. Thea stared at her hands as Remus sat down with them, remembering their awkward encounter the other day.

Arroyo rested his chin on his hands and grinned up at Remus, "Hiya handsome, how was your Christmas?"

Remus gave him a polite smile, "It was fine, thanks. Nothing too special. How about you guys?"

"Oh mine was excellent!" Arroyo spoke when Thea failed to, "I spent it at the beach with a friend of mine, we spent the whole Holiday swimming. How about you, Harper?"

With attention directed at her directly, Thea was forced to look up from her scarred hands. "Just as home with family, met my brother's girlfriend, that's it really,"

Remus gave her a sympathetic look, hoping it would help her open up a little more.

"We should start a gang," Arroyo announced suddenly.

"Why?"

"Well, I think we're easily the most interesting people in school," Arroyo said humbly, "And the most mysterious. We'll call ourselves- Scarred Hands- or something."

"Scarred Hands?" Remus echoed, he looked over to Thea. "Your hands scarred?"

The blonde attempted to shrink in her seat, "Uhm... a little? I guess Sirius told you what happend. It's nothing really, I'll get Reg' to look at them later, he's really good at healing,"