ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

When I finally allowed the siblings to talk to me, the second boy, who I learned was named Edmund, told me I despised him.

I didn't see how that was possible, according to my dream of him, we looked to be friends. I tilted my head. "You said that I hate you, but why do I feel like that's not true?" I asked.

Peter and Susan, the two eldest, exchanged a look that I didn't recognize. "Uh, actually..." Susan began. "There's something else, too."

Peter shook his head 'no' vigorously.

"Oh, yeah?" I asked. "And what's that?"

"Peter's your boyfriend," she said simply, causing him to almost strangle her.

I couldn't help but laugh a little. I'm sorry— what?" I apologized through laughs. "You're telling me that he's my boyfriend? How did that happen?"

Edmund muffled a laugh, turning his head away before his brother saw and strangled him.

"Well, I guess was," Susan corrected.

"Uh, you're the one who liked me first. Remember?" Peter asked defensively.

I raised an eyebrow. "Really?" I wanted to follow up with I don't see that happening, but thought better of it.

"Yeah," he said, nodding awkwardly.

"So, how am I still here, if I was your neighbor... why did I stay?" I asked the four.

"You weren't with us when we went back," Peter shrugged.

"How did you all get back?"

"It was an accident," Lucy explained and told me the story. Apparently, we all actually grew up in Narnia after Lucy and I stumbled upon it while playing hide and seek.

Yes, this was normal.