[ twenty-eight ]

Start from the beginning

"Why?" The younger girl asks.

"Hm... I won't tell, but you have to do as I say for your own good, okay?"

"Okay..." (Y/n) was confused, but still she responds positively. She didn't know what made her friend tell her that, but she deemed it best to just take her advice earnestly. Even when Hanji started shaking her entire figure while giggling to herself out of nowhere.

"Remember that one online personality test we took last year for fun? The one where we laughed at your and Mikasa's results?"

"H-huh? Why, what about it?"

Hanji stops rocking (Y/n)'s body back and forth, "Do you remember what your result was? 'Cus I do!"

(Y/n) paused to think about what the brunette was talking about, though she still questioned why she suddenly brought it up all of a sudden.

"I don't know--"

"The one when the test said you're the kind of person that would most likely fall for the fictional villains and criminals rather than the good guys?"

Oh, yeah, that happened, (Y/n) cringed at the memory, then blushed after she realized what Hanji was trying to imply.

"Ah, you remember now, don't you?" Her fellow psychiatrist teased, before throwing her head back and laughing. (Y/n) clicks her tongue as she averts her gaze to hide her flushed face. She defends herself, "It's just some stupid test, Hanji. How do you still remember that, anyway?"

"I just do." The older psychiatrist slings an arm on (Y/n)'s shoulder and drags her out of the room. "Anyways, (N/n), I'm just saying not to get too attached to him, alright?"

I wish it was that easy not to... I really do.

"Of course not. What made you think I would?" The lie slipped past (Y/n)'s lips easily, followed by a realistic laugh to make her claim more convincing. Even though she and Hanji were really close, (Y/n) couldn't find it in herself to tell her friend about her... "problematic" patient.

Hanji shrugs, "Just reminding you, 'cus shit really got interesting a while ago."

"What do you mean? What happened in there?"

"It's more fun if I keep it a secret... as long as you take care of yourself as per usual, I assure you: you'll be fine!"

In Hanji's perspective, not telling (Y/n) about Levi's outburst and simply leaving hints for her safety was better than spilling her everything. Hanji was aware of how (Y/n) thinks; if she told the younger girl about it, she'd find her job more challenging than before. Hanji knew it would somehow affect (Y/n)'s current relationship with her patient too.

But (Y/n) was smart too. She knew Hanji had a valid reason as to why she was keeping the truth from her. Though that wasn't enough to stop her from wanting to know what happened.

Levi's her patient, she deserves to know, doesn't she?

"Okay." (Y/n) sighs out. Even if she begged the brunette, she wouldn't budge a bit. So there's no point in trying.

Besides, it shouldn't be something worth taking note of if Hanji isn't telling her anything about it.

Right?

○○|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|<>|●|○○

|| 6:30 p.m. ||

"Levi?"

(Y/n) slowly enters the cell and finds Levi wide awake, seated on his bed. He waits for (Y/n)'s figure to enter before he raises a question.

"What happened?"

The girl paused just as the door behind her closed. "You passed out after the second test and you were brought back here. Are you feeling alright?"

Levi doesn't answer the question. Instead, he stretches his limbs out, making satisfying popping noises before he drags out a sigh.

"What time did you wake up?"

"About 20 minutes ago."

Without (Y/n) noticing, Levi kept an eye on every detail of her movement. Just using her body language, Levi could already determine if she was hiding something. But (Y/n) acted anything but strange.

Almost as if she didn't know what happened to him hours ago.

"Didn't they tell you why I blacked out?"

"No, they didn't -- don't you remember?"

(Y/n) anticipated a reply from her patient, but he just stayed quiet. She interprets his silence as him not remembering anything from his checkup as an effect from the gas he inhaled back in the interrogation room.

"I won't tell you where she is. But I'm gonna have to calm you down... oh, the gas?" Hanji giggles as she points at the ceiling of Levi's room, "It's to ensure what has happened here stays between the two of us -- oh wait, actually it stays with me. Only me."

Huh, Levi had his eyes locked on the ground, his lips itching to smile as his right hand covered it, so that shit was supposed to make me forget everything back there...

"Anyway, doctor Zoë said there's nothing much that happened during your second test. Everything went alright, according to her." (Y/n) looks at the digital clock in the room.

Unbeknownst to the psychiatrist, Levi smirks devilishly underneath his hand. To him, as long as (Y/n) stays oblivious of his rawest feelings for her, everything will go as he needs them to.

He glanced at the seated girl, his brewing hunger for her becoming stronger the longer he stared at her features. (Y/n) was oblivious of his eyes running up and down her body as she was occupied with her own thoughts.

She's so... clueless that it's almost pathetic. She's perfect...

Levi's eyes landed on (Y/n)'s lips the exact moment she unconsciously moistens them with her tongue. He takes the fabric of the bedsheets into his fists as he continued watching his doctor without her knowing.

So fucking perfect.

| E | N | D | N | O | T | E | mark your calendars y'all: December 7th, 20fucking20 for the real boss of this year.

Better be ready, aight?