Chapter 38: Follow

Start from the beginning

Kazumi and Ringo who just saw this chuckled.

"You've been gone for a week Master, how did it go?"

"Fine as always Ringo-san!"

"I see. That's a relief then."

Kazumi went back to her room to fix herself. She washed away the hair dye and put the eye patch away. After taking a bath, she's now wearing a navy-blue yukata with a white undergarment and black hakama pants.

"Kazumi-sama, there are some new patients who are currently admitted here." Mei reported as she saw Kazumi on her way to her office.

"How many?"

"Two. A ten year old girl and then a thirteen year old boy. Both of them are having high fever and colds."

"I see. I'll go check on them then, thank you!"
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

A man is seen walking around the village. He's wearing a brown cloak that covers his whole body ending just below his knees holding a blue parasol, he's wearing a dark-green colored hakama pants and zori sandals. His face can't be seen because of the parasol he's holding as he carry a bow with his free hand and his arrows put on his back.

"Can I have one of this?" Nahori asked to a man selling fresh fishes.

"Alright, please choose." The man replied.

After choosing, she went on to another stall to buy some fresh meat. Then, some vegetables and fruits. Her hands are almost full because of all the bags she's carrying.

"Need some help?" A voice asked from behind her.

She turned around to look at the person who just called her out. Her eyes widened.

"Kano?! Haruna?! You guys are back!"

"C'mmon, don't sound so surprised Nahori-nee." Kano said as he took some bags from Nahori's hands.

"Yes! We get to finish our missions faster than usual!" Haruna said as she took some bags from Nahori's hands too.

"I see. Glad you two are back!"

The three of them walked on their way to the estate while giggling and chatting.

"So, is Nii-sama home now?" Haruna asked.

"I don't know, when I left he's still not yet home." Nahori answered.

"I hope Nii-sama's already back. I miss his dishes." Kano said hanging his head down low.

"Me too." Haruna replied.

As they reached the estate, they all entered and closed the doors. Without their knowledge, someone already followed them.

A man showed up from the bushes as he looked at the estate from the distance. His lips suddenly stretched into an evil smirk. He turned around to walk away.

"I finally found you...."
He mumbled to his self as he vanish amongst the crowd.
".... Kazumi."
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

As the night falls, everyone gathered inside the dining room with wide smiles on their faces. Tonight, Kazumi's the one who cooked their dinner since she said she hasn't cooked for a while. They were all happy hearing that and can't wait to eat.

"Food's ready!" Kazumi announced as she came in to the dining room with Ringo the two of them holding two pots.

They put it down the table and opened the lid. As the scent of the food reached everyone's nose, their eyes lit up.

"Hotpot!!!" Otaru said lifting up his chopsticks.

"Waaah! It smells delicious!" Mitsuki added.

"Alright everyone! Time to eat!"

Right after Kazumi's words, they all started to munch on their food. The older ones serving the children their food carefully bafore getting theirs.

"How I wish you just became a cook instead of a slayer Oka-sama!!!" Togashi said after gulping his food.

"At least I still have time to cook despite being a slayer."

"Right! *nom nom* At least Nii-sama could still cook for us!" Shizuko agreed looking at Kazumi.

"Oka-sama! Teach me how to cook too!" Ai said looking at Kazumi.

"Alright I will but, since I'm not always home, you could ask Nahori-chan or Mei-san to teach you." Kazumi replied patting her head.

"Alright! But once you're at home, you'll be the one to teach me!"

Their dinner is just as usual. Full of laughter and short conversations. Hideshi who's already talking even more usually than before made them happy. He seems to be getting out of his shell little by little.