Or so he thought.

But the more his precious, delicate bodied, Weiwei swelled with not one but two of their first children...the more Nai felt his control and his logic slipping. It was becoming increasingly harder to give her independence. The desire to keep her as a caged bird protected in the world's finest cage grew out of hand in the darkest corners of his mind.

Soon she was out of sight in the elevator and he breathed a sigh of relief. He took his seat at the table of waiting colleagues and began listing off what was needed for the goals for the day, then the week, and where they should be by month's end. Everyone started to pack their things, but stopped as soon as Nai started speaking again with making no moves to move, "There is a programming conference in the United States this year I would like to send two representatives to check it out and see if we can recruit some new members for the team. I would like to send Hao Mei."

Those sitting at the table that weren't Yugong or Houzi all practically fell out of their chairs in surprise even the man himself was both proud and stunned. But it did not escape Mr. Girly's friend's notice that KO's gaze was still at the table. Completely blank.

Houzi kicked Yugong, who in turn kicked Nai, who only nodded at them in an attempt gracefully tell them to kindly shut up.

Mei began to drum at the table before slamming in victory to his feet, "Ah yeah! Finally my talents are appreciated! I look forward to looking at pretty American girls. You better keep your hands to yourself or I will tell Mrs. Nai. I will be her champion protecting her dignity and virtue from the selfish hands of you."

"I'm not going." was all Nai said as he hid the amused pride of his plan.

Mei collapsed back into his chair, "Then who? Frick or Frack over there?"

Yugong and Houzi exchanged a look before Yugong asked, "You mean Fritz and Franz don't you?"

Houzi whacked at Yugong's arm, "Thats not even an idiom how do you mess that up? The man just said it."

Nai ignored their bickering and continued on, "I cannot go with Weiwei's pregnancy as far along as it is. There is only one person I feel who has the skill to take my place at the conference."

It was at this moment that KO looked up and made direct eye contact with Nai. There was no telling what was behind that stare that was just as emotionless as his own. He held that eye contact and announced, "I plan to send KO with him. KO has the expertise required to test any new potential. Plus given his friendship with Hao Mei I find it the ideal pair."

This caused several chuckles and some chiming in about "the other office married couple" getting a honeymoon. While Yugong and Houzi were busy watching Hao Mei's reaction carefully, it was Nai who kept hold of KO's eye contact. Whatever emotion was behind that stare, Nai couldn't be the first one to look away. Finally KO looked back down at his notes, still tense, but at least not challenging Nai anymore. So Nai held back the pride and announced, "That is all. You two come to my office at the end of the day to get the details on your trip. Meeting dismissed."

As everyone shuffled off, only Hao Mei and KO remained. They both sat there for a minute before Hao Mei nervously laughed, "We'll need to find someone to watch Nuer."

With a firm nod of his head and an agreeable grunt was all KO offered his roommate. For a moment Mei still refused to look at him as he laughed quietly, "That dog is more spoiled than I am with you. I don't know what she'll do without your cooking."

"Same with you."

Finally Mei looked at him as confusion mixed with apprehension, "What do you mean?" when all KO did was look at him, it hit Mei so hard he scrambled to his feet and threw his head back slamming his palm to his forehead, "Ack! No! We'll be away from a kitchen! My stomach will have to settle for someone else's food. KO! I'm depressed, comfort me!"