[Volume One] {Chapter Four} "Ah, I forgot to teach him common sense.."

Start from the beginning

''And that was me...''

''That's right. Probably when the carriage was attacked, you lost consciousness due to shock. And when it started to rain, it lowered your body temperature, and you were almost at a state of suspended animation. It was probably because of your state that you weren't noticed by the demon, and was left alive.''

So that's what happened, I started to think it was strange to be left alive even though a demon had attacked, but I had fallen into a state of suspended animation, huh. Maybe it was because of the overwhelming stress that the memories of my previous world had returned. And maybe it was also because of it, that I was able to recover from my state of suspended animation?

''I'm not certain how you recovered from your state of suspended animation. But you recovered your breathing just as I came close to you. I thought it was fate, and after I mourned for the victims, I carried you back home with me.''

''So... who are my parents and where are they from?''

''I'm sorry, but because they were mercilessly murdered... I couldn't find a single thing that could identify them.''

''Hmm, is that so.''

''...You're considerably calm about this...''

Hmm yea, after all...

''Even after being told about my parents, it's probably because I don't remember them at all.''

''There is also that fact, huh.''

In addition...

''And besides, I have you, grandpa''

''...!''

That's right, there was still grandpa who really dotes on me and raised me even though I wasn't his real grandson.

''And there's also Grandma Melinda, Uncle Michel. In addition, there's also Uncle Dis, Chris-neechan, and even though he's a frivolous person, there's also Sieg-niisan.''

(There are names of people who have yet to make an appearance, so please forgive me.)

''Look, that's why I have never once thought I was lonely because I don't have parents. Rather, it's already too noisy that it's troublesome.''

''Yuu...''

And so...

''That's why, grandpa.''

''Hmm?''

''Thank you for finding me.''

He saved my life.

''Thank you for helping me.''

And always letting me eat delicious meals.

''Thank you for doting on me''

And for teaching me all sorts of magic.

''I am very happy to be taken in by grandpa.''

Even though I immediately met with such misfortune soon after I was born, right now I am so blessed. I haven't had this much happiness before.

''Yuu... u, urgh... u, u, U ou uu!''

Not good, grandpa really cried. However, it was my true feelings, so it was good that I was able to say it.

Grandpa, thank you.

~~~~~~~~~
Time-Skipu
~~~~~~~~~

Today, I once again went out with grandpa.

Although I said we ''went out,'' it wasn't because we needed to buy something or were going to have a picnic.

The purpose of today's outing was to see how much magic I could use. In other words, it was something like a magic examination. It was the reason why we were not at the usual forest, but in a plain where there were no trees or grasses growing.