The Beginning: Miracles

Hands folded, knees aching, Julia Wilson prayed in the dark.

Prayed for a baby, no doubt. All good stories begin that way, with the longing for a child.

What I wonder, though, is why? Julia already had a beautiful little boy. Daniel was not quite four years old, but much more clever than any boy his age, with his daddy's dark hair and mama's light eyes.

And yet, late on a cold October night, Julia kneeled before her bed, begging for a baby.

She heard the doorbell ring, a shrill noise, but her husband Jack didn't stir in his sleep, and so she stood to answer the door, pulling a robe on over her nightgown.

It only took a few seconds to reach the door, but when she did, Julia found no one there. At least, not at first. Prankster teens, she thought.  She stepped out the door to call out and find the obnoxious teenagers, when a cry reaches her ear. A baby's cry for a parent. One quick look, and Julia found the source of the noise. A wrapped blanket lay on the ground. One closer look, and Julia saw two tiny faces peaking out of the opening.

Both faces were attached to wisps of bright red hair. One was trapped in a peaceful sleep, the other in a tiring scream. How the first little one slept on throughout her sister's cries amazed Julia.

A Miracle-Worthy Realization

Julia knew.

These babies were sent for her.

The answer to her prayers.

Her Peter Pans.

And so, she picked up the bundle, and carried it inside. Laid it on the couch in the living room. Unwrapped it.

One folded-up piece of paper fell from inside the blanket. Julia opened it, and read:

The greenest of ivy,

the thorniest of rose,

together forever,

forever alone.

"Greenest of Ivy... Thorniest of Rose..." Julia mumbled to herself. "Ivy and Rose...Ivy and Rose."

Rose Alexandra Wilson was the name for the screamer, and Ivy Isla Wilson for the sleeper.

Within minutes, Jack Wilson was awake, and introduced to the twins. A miracle, they were according to him.

Our beautiful miracles.

~{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}~

This one is short, but the other chapters will be longer, don't worry!

Why do you think Julia wanted another baby?

Are y'all getting these chapters?

ALSO: Send me covers, if you want to!
Thanks!